Game freezes when being thrown out by Issur.

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

kingbagel
Peasant Status

Game freezes when being thrown out by Issur.

#1 Post by kingbagel » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:13 pm

Hey there. First and foremost, I've been an AGDI fan since Tierra and KQ1VGA. I've been following the development on QFG2VGA since the very beginning, and while the wait was long, your hard work paid off with a well-polished game. Kudos for that.

I know you're probably tired of hearing about the little bugs here and there, but I came across one that managed to halt the game entirely. I went into the Weapon Shop and started bugging Issur with various topics. It's been a long time since I played the original and I remembered arm wrestling him, but I couldn't remember how, and so with the dialogue trees turned off I started fooling around with the parser. Eventually he must have gotten tired of hearing my whiny hero voice, because he decided to throw me out. This is all well and good, as the benevolent hero Deathfoot has been thrown out of better joints in his time, except as soon as the scene cut to the plaza, the game froze up. I could still move the Wait cursor, but there was no way to interact with anything, no animation, no menus, no control+letter dialogues, nothing. It was as if the game was permanently stuck in limbo. This isn't isolated, either; it happens every time I get kicked out. The simple solution would be not to piss him off, so it isn't exactly game-threatening, but it's there nonetheless.

I've attached a picture of my poor young fighter, suspended mercilessly just inches above the ground. This is the last thing I see before eventually having to quit out. Hope this is of some help to you guys.

GloriousHeroine
Peasant Status

Re: Game freezes when being thrown out by Issur.

#2 Post by GloriousHeroine » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:58 pm

Strange, never froze my fighter game when that happened. Can you retrace your steps? Did you ask too many irrelevant questions or make the thief sign?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:04 pm

I'd love to know how that one's replicated. Would it be possible to create a savegame prior to that point where getting kicked out guarantees this lockup?

kingbagel
Peasant Status

#4 Post by kingbagel » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:20 am

Sure. I made this saved game the moment I stepped foot in the shop. Countless times now I've triggered the bug; in fact, I haven't gotten it to work correctly once. I hope you encounter the same problem and it isn't just my computer. (For the record, I'm playing on a five month old Gateway laptop, 2gb RAM, 1.6 Pentium Dual CPU T2330, on Windows Vista Home Premium.)

The attached .zip is my last save, agssave.006. Is this all you need? You don't need any kind of .cat file like with the original games, do you?

Hope you can replicate it! I'm not crazy... really!
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Megaboz
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Megaboz » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:36 am

Allow me to be the second to confirm this issue. I, Megaboz the Magnificent, Scourge of the 12 Flatheads of Frobozz, was thrown out of the Shapeir weapon's shop by that lunkhead Issur! Granted, I may have insulted his ancestry as far back as twelve generations, but his bellicose shenanigans were completely unwarranted. Moreover, I found myself restrained by some insidious magical field, unable to channel my considerable magic strength to achieve liberation! I demand ACTION!

:-)

(Ok, I'm having the same issue, and my character is a magician. I'm including my saved game as well. Just spout gibberish at Issur to piss him off and throw you out. Sorry for the in-character rant, but I didn't want to be the first to break tradition! ;-) Oh, and my specs: 2 gb RAM, AMD Athalon 64 3500+ Venice, MDI nVidia GeForce 7900 GS, Windows XP Home.)
Attachments

[The extension rar has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]