Ghoul head?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

gamemaniax
Peasant Status

Ghoul head?

#1 Post by gamemaniax » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:52 am

uh... wat can i do with this head? tried to put it into my room. won't work. sell it to harik won't work either.

soule
Peasant Status

Re: Ghoul head?

#2 Post by soule » Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:57 am

If I am not wrong, you will only get the ghoulhead if your hero does not know about collecting the claw.

Anyway, the Guild Hall will take the head off your hands.

adeyke

#3 Post by adeyke » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:09 am

Knowing about the claws doesn't stop you from picking up the head.

thefivetheory
Peasant Status

#4 Post by thefivetheory » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:39 am

Without giving too much away, it's used somewhere in the game involving severed monster heads...

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Sinergy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:26 am

But soule already gave it away :p The head could have made for a nice bowling minigame though

DrDoug
Peasant Status

#6 Post by DrDoug » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:54 pm

I've played through the game now 4 times. I have found just about all of the extras in the game (well, at least I think I have; time will tell), except I have not yet ever been able to get a ghoul head. I've killed scores of them, so it's not from lack of trying. Two previous posters seem to disagree about whether you can get a ghoul head after you've spoken to the alchemist about ghoul claws. Can anyone positively confirm that you can loot a ghoul head after being told about looting the claws? That's about the only theory I can come up with. (I have even been trying to finish the ghouls off with different combat techniques, just to see if one of them lops off the head; so far, no luck.)

Colchek
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Colchek » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:29 pm

I can confirm that you can get the ghoul head after you know about the claws. It all depends on how the ghoul 'dies', as there are two ways. If he shatters into pieces, you can't get the head, but you can get the claws. If his body falls in one piece, his head will fall beside him, then you can pick it up, as well as get his claws. So far I haven't seen a pattern to it. I think it's random which way he will fall.

Goilveig
Knight Status

#8 Post by Goilveig » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:52 pm

DrDoug wrote:I've played through the game now 4 times. I have found just about all of the extras in the game (well, at least I think I have; time will tell), except I have not yet ever been able to get a ghoul head. I've killed scores of them, so it's not from lack of trying. Two previous posters seem to disagree about whether you can get a ghoul head after you've spoken to the alchemist about ghoul claws. Can anyone positively confirm that you can loot a ghoul head after being told about looting the claws?
Yes, I can positively confirm it.

On my fighter, first ghoul I killed, I looted the claws on the first click, the head on the second click.

I'm pretty sure it only happens if you're a natural fighter class and haven't already gotten a head.

GuJiaXian
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by GuJiaXian » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:05 pm

My thief was able to loot a head and turn it in to Uhura.

gamecreator
Knight Status

#10 Post by gamecreator » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:18 pm

My pure fighter originally got several claws (and sold them). Then once or twice the body shattered and I wasn't able to get anything (despite frantic clicking all over the place). I thought that maybe I hit the ghoul too hard at the end so I started just stabbing him to kill him and he just fell and I was able to get the head. I don't know if any of this is related to how he falls and what you can get but that was my experience.

Erpy, care to contribute? Is how you hit him at the end related to what you get? Or is it how you fight him throughout the battle?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#11 Post by Erpy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:51 pm

How a ghoul dies is somewhat random. You should always be able to pick the claws, as long as the hero has spoken to Harik about components. If the head fell off, you can get that too, but only after you've visited the guild hall once. (and seeing that there were heads on display, but there was no ghoul's head there yet) Oh, and any class can pick it and then give the head to Uhura.