WIT-ty Shapier

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

soule
Peasant Status

WIT-ty Shapier

#1 Post by soule » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:45 am

I was just wondering who in the game would actually tell you the whereabouts of WIT?
Since you had to earn an important endgame spell there, what happens if you miss it? Will there be notes dropped for you like EOF?

Goilveig
Knight Status

Re: WIT-ty Shapier

#2 Post by Goilveig » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:49 am

Keapon tells you about it, and tells you that you should know how to find it ;)

And I assume the ending would be different if you never did it. You actually change class, from "Magic User" to "Wizard". So I assume there's another ending if you're just a generic "Magic User" (though since I did WIT on day 1, I'm not gonna replay that much to find out).

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by arganite » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:03 am

Hold on, don't you need the spell you get from WIT to finish the game as a magician? Kind of hard without Reversal (Unless you can get into the thief outlook).

Thyme in Lost
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Thyme in Lost » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:11 am

arganite wrote:Hold on, don't you need the spell you get from WIT to finish the game as a magician? Kind of hard without Reversal (Unless you can get into the thief outlook).
Just levitate to the harem instead of using rope. That at least worked in EGA.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Brainiac » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:19 am

Hmmm. This is an interesting point. After all, the AGDs stated that the Thief outlook ending requires a certain level of Throwing skill which a pure Magic User will indeed lack. Thus, the game may not allow that path to work. Combine that with no Reversal for the regular entry and we may have a dead end...

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by arganite » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:38 am

Brainiac wrote:Hmmm. This is an interesting point. After all, the AGDs stated that the Thief outlook ending requires a certain level of Throwing skill which a pure Magic User will indeed lack. Thus, the game may not allow that path to work. Combine that with no Reversal for the regular entry and we may have a dead end...
For a hybrid it may work fine :).

Red CyricZ
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Red CyricZ » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:41 am

I've actually beat the game without using Reversal.

Trigger the statue and DON'T break the spell. Instead quickly run to the left and use the Force Bolt maneuver. Done.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#8 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:18 am

If a Magic User doesn't have Reversal in the endgame, it works just like the EGA version where Ad Avis will try to blast you to death with projectile spells. However, I changed it so that Ad Avis starts taking potshots at you with Lightning Balls rather than whatever generic spell he cast at you in the original version.