Juuust finished it...

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Jafar
Super Star

Juuust finished it...

#1 Post by Jafar » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:32 pm

I started yesterday morning, and finished just now...better late than never, I guess. :p

I remember waaaay back, I had played through QFG1 so I could have a character ready to import when the remake came out. I ended up playing through the rest of the series with that character, and left the files there for ages...funny how I finally got to use them the way I intended to. :P

So yeah, it was an awesome experience. The remixed soundtrack was amazing, and and the new combat system took a while to get used to (especially for a rather weak wizard...first thing I did was go and get killed by a brigand), was great too.
I was kinda worried actually...the original had alot of content, which means there's more descriptions, conversation tidbits, etc. that could get overlooked and left out. It looks like you got almost everything right, though. (at least from what I could tell of my quick two-day playthrough)

Obsessive-compulsive Nit-Picky things I feel compelled to mention, though...
1.The "You don't want to know" in Keapon's shop isn't named when you click the hand on it, but in the original, it was referred to as "the octopus-like thing with wings".

2.It seems like it's impossible to lose the game by attacking Sharaf without magic.

3.No death from putting out the lamp in the treasure room. (1:57) I guess it was kinda obscure, though...

That's all I can think of for right now...just stuff that I missed from the original.

Oh, and adding new death messages? I don't know about anyone else, but that made the game more than worth the wait to me. :D

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Juuust finished it...

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:12 pm

Cool, I never knew about putting out the lamp in the Forbidden city.

Thanks, will see what we can do about these things.