Wizard Game- Force Bolt Flurry >(

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

FamousAdventurer77
Royal Servant Status

Wizard Game- Force Bolt Flurry >(

#1 Post by FamousAdventurer77 » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:37 pm

>: I love love love this game up until this point.

I can't beat that gnome for the life of me!!!!!!!!!!! How do I beat his game?! BTW, my character is a Magic User so I know from QFG experience that beating the magic games is integral for the magicians.

Seriously, no matter WHAT I click on he keeps knocking my clouds off and I can't do so much as go near his. Triggering the pyramids doesn't do anything either because they take 6 rotations and by the time I get one geared up to knock out one of his clouds, he's already got 3 of mine down. There has GOT to be a cheat code to bypass this or something. How did anyone else beat it??? I saw the other thread about it which gave detailed instructions about how it works, but...I'm still COMPLETELY lost on it. I wish this was Mage's Maze instead, at least that game made more logical sense to me!

So yeah. How do I fry them clouds?!

Jafar
Super Star

Re: Wizard Game- Force Bolt Flurry >(

#2 Post by Jafar » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:44 pm

Don't worry too much about it. Anything you can get from winning the game is basically a bonus, and not needed to finish the game.

Anyway, I was pretty horrible at the game myself, so I'll let someone else give actual advice.

Goilveig
Knight Status

#3 Post by Goilveig » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:48 pm

Okay, some tips:

1. Turn down the difficulty slider. It has a major effect on how well he plays. He basically will either do "filler" moves or "smart" moves, and the difficulty slider affects the chances of each. On hardest difficulty he's actually quite challenging.

2. You don't need to JUST use trigger -- often times, Fetch is a faster way to set up paths. If something takes more than 2 triggers, I usually just fetch or find another way.

3. Detect Magic will show you which clouds can be hit. Very useful to cast.

4. You can often reuse a path, with minor changes to the last crystal, and take out two or three clouds in a couple of turns.

Morningstar
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by Morningstar » Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:16 pm

there is more in depth discussion on this topic in about three other threads already, so a search for the information you seek :)

nuble
Peasant Status

#5 Post by nuble » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:21 pm

I confess. I cheat.

F5, F7.

ulmont
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by ulmont » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:24 pm

duckwizard
Peasant Status