How do I train my mage to be good in QfG3?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

OSheaman
Peasant Status

How do I train my mage to be good in QfG3?

#1 Post by OSheaman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:15 am

I imported a mage into QfG II with 100's in most of the key stats, but I'm finding progress in both intelligence and magic to be very slow and I'm really worried that my character us going to be underlevelled for QfG III. What should I do to make sure I stay on track, attribute-wise?

Almagnus1
Peasant Status

Re: How do I train my mage to be good in QfG3?

#2 Post by Almagnus1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:33 am

Let me drop a hint for ya:

**THUD**
There's 2 magic games in Shapier that you can play, and should probably play a lot.

OSheaman
Peasant Status

#3 Post by OSheaman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:44 am

Oh my god, that Keapon Laffin game is so frustrating it makes me want to tear my hair out, even with difficulty all the way down. I can't beat that game!

adeyke

#4 Post by adeyke » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:30 am

The alternative is to buy lots of mana pills, cast spells until you're out of pills, then get money for another fix. Some spells are very easy to train, via the F6 key.

Almagnus1
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Almagnus1 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:45 am

The Keapon game was difficulty, until I figured out that it's all about the angles.... try turning the grid on, and using rotation, as it lets you start to see how the crystals will bounce the force bolt around.

I attached a file that adds labels to the middle button row, which with the descriptions should help you start to make sense of this game.

Rotation doesn't change the board, but it lets you adjust the vectors so you can see how the force bolt will bounce. You read it as the green end pointing at where the bolt's going to, with the arrow pointing where it will bounce from. as it's set up on defaul, all tails point towards the player, so they act as if all force bolts are coming at them straight on from the player to the crystal. The red arrow shows where the force bolt will go.

Reset button points all the tails towards your side of the board

Mana pills - take a mana pill (if you have them).

Grid button, shows all possible diagonal paths - this should be one of the first things you turn on, as it makes the game so much easier to figure out.

Until I figured that stuff out, I was wondering if the game was completely random or not.

There's another magic game (aside from the Keapon's). And then there's the WIT Trials, but I'm assuming you've already found and completed that.
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]