Wonderful remake!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

The Phlegm Master
Peasant Status

Wonderful remake!

#1 Post by The Phlegm Master » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:23 am

Thanks to everyone involved in making this VGA version of the QG2. I loved the new graphics, the additional bits of character interaction (with minor exception), the new easter eggs, the wonderful new combat system. Hell, the game was great as it was, what you've shown is that yes, it is to improve on near perfection. Of course, it helps that you had years to make this game instead of months, but OTOH you worked for free.

My hat is off to you ladies and gents!

And THANK YOU! once again.

(The single thing I didn't like? That the name "Willowsby" cropped up as the name of the Hero's hometown. Good thing "Devon Aidendale", a name I detest, didn't show up...)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Wonderful remake!

#2 Post by Erpy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:34 am

Thanks for the kind words. Glad to hear you've enjoyed it. :)

You know, Willowsby (whether you like the name or not) being the hero's hometown was confirmed by the Coles and pretty much official canon... in fact, that part's probably the only real canon line in the entire scene where it's mentioned.

The Phlegm Master
Peasant Status

#3 Post by The Phlegm Master » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:45 am

Aw, was it?

Eh, don't like it any better. :p I always kinda thought the Hero was from somewhere close by, ie. another "German"/"Austrian"/"Swiss" whatever. Willowsby sounds so... English. Everyone in the first game understands what you speak no questions asked, no "Ma fhimt, effendi" auf deutsch equivalents from anyone...

I mean: Spielburg, Zurich, Wien, and... Willowsby. Ick. :x

Oh well, no biggie. Thanks for the reply in any case! You all did wonderful work with the game. Big thumbs up.

I'll just have to mentally think of it as "Weidenburg" from now on (an actual Austrian town, it seems)...

random
Peasant Status

#4 Post by random » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:49 pm

The Phlegm Master wrote:Aw, was it?
Everyone in the first game understands what you speak no questions asked, no "Ma fhimt, effendi" auf deutsch equivalents from anyone...
type "speak to person" or "speak to people" in original

ad Willowsby http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_(Quest_for_Glory)