**** ! ! ! **** Blue Frog Mode unlocked. **** ! ! ! ****

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

gamecreator
Knight Status

Re: **** ! ! ! **** Blue Frog Mode unlocked. **** ! ! ! ****

#51 Post by gamecreator » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:21 pm

ulmont wrote:I played through the game twice before unlocking the debug mode.

Playthrough 1 (imported as fighter). Added climbing, maxed all stats, did not max spells, did not get the frog, did not do the pizza elemental, did do the brigand quest. Did go through WIT, did join EOF, did kill the brigand in Shapeir, did become a Paladin.

Playthrough 2 (imported as thief). Added climbing, maxed all stats, maxed all spells, got the frog and did not let it go, did not do the pizza elemental, did do the brigand quest. Did go through WIT, did all thief jobs (the last imperfectly). At the end of this one, I got a "debug mode unlocked" message. From this point forward, I can hit F10 and get a debug menu.
So the question is: is it as simple as beating the game with two different characters and having the frog the second time? Has anyone done that yet? (I've only beat it with my Fighter so far.)

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#52 Post by CGG » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:48 pm

if you want my guess (I haven't done it and don't really want to put the time into it) - its probably finishing the game with all maxed stats (maybe with the frog). It makes sense that a player that beat the game with all stats maxed "earns" the cheat-mode.

I've played through the game three times with pure character types. Didn't quite max out any of them (especially things like luck and intelligence - for a non-magic user, I can't see how you will max that without mega-grinding, which would be boring). So finishing the game with multiple types isn't enough. I didn't finish with the frog with any character (although I have gone back and restored one game to get him just to goof around - see what, if anything, you can do with it).

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#53 Post by bugmenot » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:59 pm

You seem to be simply ignoring the fact that the game doesn't track how many times you've finished it. The only thing it saves is savegames (and those must be taken before finishing the game).

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#54 Post by Brainiac » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:06 am

I do hope it's not having an every-stat-200-or-more Hero as I prefer not to have any (due to a lack of training for Climbing in QfG3 coupled with getting points for learning the skill in QfG4 as a Fighter/Paladin).

gamecreator
Knight Status

#55 Post by gamecreator » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:58 am

I now know how to unlock Blue Frog mode (an indirect way). PM me if you would like to know as well.

CalJS
Peasant Status

#56 Post by CalJS » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:24 pm

Long time lurker here

Gotta say the extra add ons for the remake are superb (blue frog/battle mode, pizza elemental, wizard games, extra thief mission, all the commentary from everybody not to mention all the side stories)

Decided to post this here rather than the thanks thread to add hype in figuring out the puzzles this game offers :)

Truly you guys know exactly what the adventure games of old were all about. Yes i know you didn't create the plot but you added a flavor to it that did not dimish what it is. 8o

Well done and thanks so much :hat

To those who haven't figured out ANY of the secrets of the game just keep plucking along trying to do everything you can on all characters types so you can experience the whole thing :rollin