**** ! ! ! **** Blue Frog Mode unlocked. **** ! ! ! ****

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Prio
Knight Status

Re: **** ! ! ! **** Blue Frog Mode unlocked. **** ! ! ! ****

#26 Post by Prio » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:06 am

ATMachine wrote:it's quite another to taunt the forum with veiled allusions to an easter egg you found and then point-blank refuse to help others who want advice on finding it.
Horrors. But I'm sure enough temper tantrums and name-calling will loosen every tongue.

Crowley9
Royal Servant Status

#27 Post by Crowley9 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:09 am

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries! I fart in your general direction, you son of a silly person!

Prio
Knight Status

#28 Post by Prio » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:21 am

Crowley9 wrote:Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries! I fart in your general direction, you son of a silly person!
Okay, okay. You can find the one-armed man at the carnival.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#29 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:05 am

Okay guys, here's the big spoiler.

<information witheld>

Bt

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#30 Post by Sinergy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:29 am

His hint was pretty clear you know. the "MAKERS" of the game? MAKERS as in MAKER as in godly, see where this is going? Remember that shrine at the turtle lair? best of luck :)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#31 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:39 pm

Everyone knows that "makers" means Shai-hulud, which means you have to go out into the desert until a sandworm appears, and then offer him the blue frog. He'll give you the water of life which unlocks the mode.

Bt

pikaporeon
Royal Servant Status

#32 Post by pikaporeon » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:19 pm

By the MAKER!

You clearly need to go find the Jawa sandcrawler.

Sinergy
Peasant Status

#33 Post by Sinergy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:23 pm

Enough with the red herrings, people don't like searching the desert for nonexistent beings for days on end. Just find the turtle lair like everyone else who did the pizza elemental quest from beginning until end.

Crowley9
Royal Servant Status

#34 Post by Crowley9 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:48 pm

Okay, I finished the game and this time got the extra messages about activating Blue Frog Mode with F10 and Battle Mode or something with F4. Oddly enough I do not notice anything happening when I press those buttons.

Flying Tentacle
Peasant Status

#35 Post by Flying Tentacle » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:12 pm

I could not even manage to catch that blue frog yet. I saw him very often in the earlier stage of gameplay when I reached the oasis for the first time. Even when I scared the froggy and it jumped of the leaf, it re-apperead now and then when I re-entered the oasis screen a moment later.

Reading through this thread I think you need to literally suck the blue frog using the bellows. The problem is, on every savegame I tried when I had my bellows filled with the air elemental and ran back to the oasis, the blue frog never appeared again no matter how often I entered the screen. So I am not really sure which requirements you need to see the blue frog. Maybe it only appears the very first time you pay the emir a visit. Who knows.

CDA_91
Peasant Status

#36 Post by CDA_91 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:19 pm

Flying Tentacle wrote:I could not even manage to catch that blue frog yet. I saw him very often in the earlier stage of gameplay when I reached the oasis for the first time. Even when I scared the froggy and it jumped of the leaf, it re-apperead now and then when I re-entered the oasis screen a moment later.

Reading through this thread I think you need to literally suck the blue frog using the bellows. The problem is, on every savegame I tried when I had my bellows filled with the air elemental and ran back to the oasis, the blue frog never appeared again no matter how often I entered the screen. So I am not really sure which requirements you need to see the blue frog. Maybe it only appears the very first time you pay the emir a visit. Who knows.
Saame

Goilveig
Knight Status

#37 Post by Goilveig » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:45 pm

Flying Tentacle wrote:Reading through this thread I think you need to literally suck the blue frog using the bellows. The problem is, on every savegame I tried when I had my bellows filled with the air elemental and ran back to the oasis, the blue frog never appeared again no matter how often I entered the screen. So I am not really sure which requirements you need to see the blue frog. Maybe it only appears the very first time you pay the emir a visit. Who knows.
You do it before you get the air elemental. You need an empty bellows (remember, the air elemental blows, not sucks).

Flying Tentacle
Peasant Status

#38 Post by Flying Tentacle » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:36 pm

OK, thank you for that hint - I never even thought about that important detail.

Got that blue frog now but I really don't believe there is any "blue frog mode".

As Erpy told us there is only one usage for the blue frog which has to do with kindness and gives some honor points. That could mean dropping the froggy at a place where it feels well. So I believe people who say that the game told them that pressing F10 would unlock some kind of debug mode saw that message in their dreams :lol

ulmont
Royal Servant Status

#39 Post by ulmont » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:51 pm

Flying Tentacle wrote:Got that blue frog now but I really don't believe there is any "blue frog mode".
There is a debug mode, accessed by F10 in a game that has it activated. I also hear a frog croak on startup now. I don't know what exactly I did to unlock it, though...it wasn't just beating the game with the frog in inventory, apparently.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#40 Post by Spikey » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:57 pm

Setting the frog free in back in the oasis doesn't really do anything.

I wish I could devote more time to the game. I'm so impatient.

millig11
Peasant Status

#41 Post by millig11 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:50 pm

Spikey wrote:Setting the frog free in back in the oasis doesn't really do anything.

I wish I could devote more time to the game. I'm so impatient.

Actually setting the frog free does give you honor points, so I am assuming that is the use for the frog.

Nightfall1121
Peasant Status

Hurray! Just finished game with all three character types! N

#42 Post by Nightfall1121 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:48 am

Hi everyone. I just finished beating QFGII VGA remake will all three character types (Fighter always goes last, because he's personally my least favorite)! And, I did it without sucking the blue frog. I don't know how to activate it anyway, but I wouldn't have bothered because the first time I beat a game, I want to do it myself. But that doesn't mean I don't/can't enjoy a cheat code AFTERWARDS.

So, would someone please enlighten me about activating the Blue Frog in the VGA remake, please? I know you have to suck him up with the bellows (he hasn't shown up lately anyway for me...), but then what? I promise I won't reveal this secret to anyone else on the public forum. So when I ask to be enlightened about this, I mean pm me with the answer. I'd really appreciate it. Well, I'd better try and sleep soon.. |I even if I have these darn allergy test patches on my back... Can't say I like the feel of them or that they'll survive the night.

Take care, everyone.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#43 Post by Spikey » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:35 am

Well, I never intended to cheat to begin with. I always assumed that if there was a blue frog mode in the remake it would either be something intelligent or an easteregg.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#44 Post by Brainiac » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:26 pm

For many people, getting all this stuff to work isn't about cheating - it's about doing absolutely everything possible in the game.

Nightfall1121
Peasant Status

#45 Post by Nightfall1121 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:16 pm

Now there's something. I remember using the "suck blue frog" in the original once and amazingly, my thief was able to become a paladin (doing everything), though I doubt he'd be able to keep his honor up if I saved him for the future games :evil .

I take it no one's going to tell me (pm me) with how to unlock the blue frog mode? :\

ulmont
Royal Servant Status

#46 Post by ulmont » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:25 pm

Nightfall1121 wrote:I take it no one's going to tell me (pm me) with how to unlock the blue frog mode? :\
I would if I could, but I don't know what I did...

ATMachine
Royal Servant Status

#47 Post by ATMachine » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:34 pm

Ulmont, I have some questions which might help us narrow it down a bit.

Did you beat the game, possessing the frog, with each character class (or if fewer, which ones)? Did you become a Paladin at the same time?

Alternately, instead of keeping the frog, did you release it back into the pond at any point? If so, assuming you beat the game afterwards, with which classes did you win, and did you get Paladinhood?

ulmont
Royal Servant Status

#48 Post by ulmont » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:30 pm

ATMachine wrote:Did you beat the game, possessing the frog, with each character class (or if fewer, which ones)? Did you become a Paladin at the same time?
No. I played through the game twice before unlocking the debug mode. The basic character was a hybrid fighter (missing climbing) in QFG1, imported with 100s in all non-climbing stats and spells.

Playthrough 1 (imported as fighter). Added climbing, maxed all stats, did not max spells, did not get the frog, did not do the pizza elemental, did do the brigand quest. Did go through WIT, did join EOF, did kill the brigand in Shapeir, did become a Paladin.

Playthrough 2 (imported as thief). Added climbing, maxed all stats, maxed all spells, got the frog and did not let it go, did not do the pizza elemental, did do the brigand quest. Did go through WIT, did all thief jobs (the last imperfectly). At the end of this one, I got a "debug mode unlocked" message. From this point forward, I can hit F10 and get a debug menu.
ATMachine wrote:Alternately, instead of keeping the frog, did you release it back into the pond at any point?
No.

Spanky
Royal Servant Status

#49 Post by Spanky » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:47 pm

Guys, this is really awesome!
I was toying around the oasis, trying to get that damn frog, and started playing around with my keyboard. At one point I held the ALT key and then pressed F1 thru F12 on the keyboard, as I sometimes do when I'm bored, and then my inventory popped up full of every item in the game, as far as I know, including the frog! You guys should totally check it out! It's also an easy way to finally get that damn frog! :P

ulmont
Royal Servant Status

#50 Post by ulmont » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:06 pm

And here's what the screen looks like: