New Item Questions... (Spoilerz maybe...)

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Mesto
Peasant Status

New Item Questions... (Spoilerz maybe...)

#1 Post by Mesto » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:51 pm

1. Shapeir Sand Dome OR Saurus Foot Trash Can - Ali Chica
2. Bumper sticker OR Quest for Glory II Collector's Edition Game Box - Sloree
3. Brass Jug OR Big Brass Vase - Tashtari

The above 3 Items, I've only ever been able to get 1 OR the other. Never BOTH. Can any of you guys shed some light on whether it's possible to get both from the same merchants or not?

You can now buy a Basket from the Basket/Weave Merchant in the Fountain Plaza. Does this have any use?
You can buy 'An Empty Pot' from the Pottery Merchant in the Fountain Plaza. Any use in VGA version?
How about the Pizza Elemental (besides eating it of course...)?

GuJiaXian
Royal Servant Status

Re: New Item Questions... (Spoilerz maybe...)

#2 Post by GuJiaXian » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:02 pm

I was able to get both the sand dome and trash can. As for the basket, you can put sand it in (out in the desert). Likewise with the pot: it stores dirt. I'll let you figure out what to do with said items.

Mesto
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Mesto » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:13 pm

I was able to get both the sand dome and trash can. As for the basket, you can put sand it in (out in the desert). Likewise with the pot: it stores dirt. I'll let you figure out what to do with said items.
Ahh, Air Elemental I see. Have always used Kepon's Fooler's Earth, guess these are nought but alternatives.

:o

Goilveig
Knight Status

#4 Post by Goilveig » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:09 pm

Mesto wrote:1. Shapeir Sand Dome OR Saurus Foot Trash Can - Ali Chica
You can get both, you need to walk on and off the screen until he announces them in his text.

E.g. when he says something like "Buy your mother a genuine Saurus foot trash can" he'll have that one in stock.

If, by the end of day 3, you haven't heard him advertise both of them, you can't get both.

The basket is new, I guess they re-added that (the basket was originally in the EGA version, you could use cheats to get it, but the merchant never actually sold it and the item did nothing). The pot has the same effect as it did in the original, you don't NEED to use the fooler's earth.

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by CGG » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:30 pm

Goilveig wrote:
Mesto wrote:1. Shapeir Sand Dome OR Saurus Foot Trash Can - Ali Chica
You can get both, you need to walk on and off the screen until he announces them in his text.

E.g. when he says something like "Buy your mother a genuine Saurus foot trash can" he'll have that one in stock.

If, by the end of day 3, you haven't heard him advertise both of them, you can't get both.

The basket is new, I guess they re-added that (the basket was originally in the EGA version, you could use cheats to get it, but the merchant never actually sold it and the item did nothing). The pot has the same effect as it did in the original, you don't NEED to use the fooler's earth.
I was a tad disappointed in the trashcan. When you put it down, it says it would be something good to throw pebbles into when you're bored. however, when you try to throw rocks at it, the game says it's not a good place too practice throwing.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#6 Post by Spikey » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:07 pm

I never got the bumpersticker, just the gamebox...
...are there any requirements for either of them?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#7 Post by Brainiac » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:27 pm

Spikey wrote:I never got the bumpersticker, just the gamebox...
...are there any requirements for either of them?
The information I have from various sources and my own playthroughs are that except for Ali Chica, the two possible "art" items many vendors sell are mutually exclusive; if you buy one, you can never buy the other.