Amazing bug with fighting Uhura in guild hall!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

papste
Royal Servant Status

Amazing bug with fighting Uhura in guild hall!

#1 Post by papste » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:22 pm

I challenged Uhura and she accepted the challenge but as we got ready to fight and pulled my trusty dagger out, she proceeded to say that it was getting dark outside and i was sent outside still holding my dagger drawn. Furthermore all the icons become inactive, but if you click on the hand icon then the hero does some really weird stuff every time you click the mouse button. Although i was a pure wizard he draws out a shield and starts acting weird, fighting out in the plaza. Its quite funny to watch ego do all this crazy stuff hehe.

Looks like you have to time this very precisely and challenge Uhura just 1 second before the game time switches from "sunset approaches" to "the night is still young" if anyone wanted to replicate the bug.

EDIT: After making the character go crazy by clicking on the hand icon, if you move into the alleys the game crashes unexpectedly.
Last edited by papste on Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

random
Peasant Status

Re: Amazinf bug with fighting Uhura in guild hall!

#2 Post by random » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:41 pm

time passes quickly when you are fighting with her, if you just block wisely, you can figt all the day not losing stamina at all

but nice catch ;)

papste
Royal Servant Status

Re: Amazing bug with fighting Uhura in guild hall!

#3 Post by papste » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:37 am

Tried that Random but being a wizard doesn't work that well... You were playing a fighter right?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:40 am

Looks like you have to time this very precisely and challenge Uhura just 1 second before the game time switches from "sunset approaches" to "the night is still young" if anyone wanted to replicate the bug.
That's most likely what happened.

Heavenslaughing
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Heavenslaughing » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:14 am

This happened with me, too! For a few beautiful moments, my thief carried a sword and shield. Moreover, he danced with them right out of the room, and for several steps around the plaza before reverting to normal. It seems to be a pretty inconsequential bug. I found it more enjoyable than bothersome.