Did anyone know this?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

gamemaniax
Peasant Status

Did anyone know this?

#1 Post by gamemaniax » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:55 pm

if you are a hybrid character, you can cast spells with sword :D
just drop the shield into the chest.

you can now:
1. (if you have stealth), throw dagger into enemy's back
2. cast spells while holding sword
3. have all sword combo skills and counter attack
4. more damage from sword (and zapped sword) instead of dagger
5. be less cumbersome

Congratulations! You have unlocked Spellblade class :rollin

now, if only they let me fight with SHIELD only. Id be like Captain America. :rollin

btw, i think they really should make force bolt to knockback /push enemy back 1 tile
Last edited by gamemaniax on Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

nightlite
Peasant Status

Re: Did anyone know this?

#2 Post by nightlite » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:59 pm

possibly a bug though? regardless I'm gonna play like this as it sounds really cool.

Crowley9
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Crowley9 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:21 am

You could do number 2 in the original, though that required a cruder "drop shield" approach.

Red CyricZ
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Red CyricZ » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:08 am

You can backstab? I though Erp said that was Thief only.

Freewheeler
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Freewheeler » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:18 am

Ho-ly....Man, now if it were only possible to dual-wield, I'd be in hybrid heaven. :eek Here's the thing, though, if one were foolish enough to say, leave the shield in Shapeir before going to Rasier, would that lack of shield carry into QFG3?

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Brainiac » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:20 am

Freewheeler wrote:Ho-ly....Man, now if it were only possible to dual-wield, I'd be in hybrid heaven. :eek Here's the thing, though, if one were foolish enough to say, leave the shield in Shapeir before going to Rasier, would that lack of shield carry into QFG3?
It shouldn't. If you remember the intro to QfG3, Fighters and Paladins are presented with a Magic Shield by the Sultan before departing.

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by CGG » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:24 am

Freewheeler wrote:Ho-ly....Man, now if it were only possible to dual-wield, I'd be in hybrid heaven. :eek Here's the thing, though, if one were foolish enough to say, leave the shield in Shapeir before going to Rasier, would that lack of shield carry into QFG3?
You can't leave your shield in Shapier - before you leave on the caravan, Shameen keeps telling you to inspect your chest for important items and it says "you decide to inspect your items before you leave" message . . .

Freewheeler
Peasant Status

#8 Post by Freewheeler » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:53 am

Ah, gotcha. Mmm...The magic shield. God, I remember feeling sorry for all the suckers who weren't rigged up in paladin gear as a kid...Then I played as the Wizard and Thief. Much different combat experience, that.

gamemaniax
Peasant Status

#9 Post by gamemaniax » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:24 am

Red CyricZ wrote:You can backstab? I though Erp said that was Thief only.
if you define backstab as: steath, throw dagger at enemy from behind, then yes, this hybrid can backstab.

ulmont
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by ulmont » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:32 am

gamemaniax wrote:if you define backstab as: steath, throw dagger at enemy from behind, then yes, this hybrid can backstab.
Trust me, it's not the same. If you've seen the real backstab, you'd know the difference. 1-shots everything except a terrorsaurus.

gamemaniax
Peasant Status

#11 Post by gamemaniax » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:45 am

one thing for sure, you cant dual-wield sword AND dagger. tried dat. lets see when i found the silver dagger

and oh, how do you backstab as a thief? tried asking around about sneak attack the other day and this is what they give me: stealth, throw dagger at enemy from behind

ulmont
Royal Servant Status

#12 Post by ulmont » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:51 am

gamemaniax wrote:and oh, how do you backstab as a thief? tried asking around about sneak attack the other day and this is what they give me: stealth, throw dagger at enemy from behind
Yes, and you get a dialogue prompt explaining your badass nature and the enemy dies (except a terrorsaurus, left with but a sliver of life).

Goilveig
Knight Status

#13 Post by Goilveig » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:39 am

gamemaniax wrote: and oh, how do you backstab as a thief? tried asking around about sneak attack the other day and this is what they give me: stealth, throw dagger at enemy from behind
Yes, and if your very first dagger connects, it hits for like 10x or 20x the normal throwing dagger damage. Thief only though -- your fighter or mage, if they have the skills, can still do the throw from stealth, but won't get the damage boost.