The Griffin won't stop killing me! Please help! How...

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Nightfall1121
Peasant Status

The Griffin won't stop killing me! Please help! How...

#1 Post by Nightfall1121 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:17 am

Hi,

I just recently downloaded and installed the game (lovely job so far, by the way!), and am currently playing as a /Magic User/Wizard.

SO, for some reason, I can't seem to get a feather from the Griffin without angering him or her (?) :eek . I remember playing the original (I got the collection a long time ago), and all I had to do was levitate up and take a feather. I tried this method, complete with casting the "Calm" spell beforehand, and he wakes up and kills me if I go south of the cliffs (even after waiting a day after pilfering feather---not that I blame the animal---I'd be pretty mad too, if someone just randomly yanked a feather out of my wing). I figured that the Magic User isn't supposed to fight this beast at all, so what should I do?

Is this just a bug, or is there a new way to get a feather (and not get killed/wake up the griffin) for this VGA remake?

Someone please enlighten me, or give me a hint, please . I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

haradan
Knight Status

Re: The Griffin won't stop killing me! Please help! How...

#2 Post by haradan » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:21 am

Just take the feather from the nest, not from the griffin itself.

Goilveig
Knight Status

#3 Post by Goilveig » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:37 am

Or skip the nest and take it from under the rock.

Nightfall1121
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Nightfall1121 » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:33 pm

Thank you both for your help. I managed to get the feather from the nest with some carefully placed mouse clicking. I can't believe I forgot to go for the nest (I guess I was thinking more along the lines of a bird's nest with twigs or something). I think I'll wait 'till I play as a fighter to go for the feather under the rock, since it apparently it requires lots of strength.

On another note, last night I sucked that blue frog :lol .

Anyway, thanks again for your help.