Two questions regarding debug and battle modes

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

CGG
Royal Servant Status

Two questions regarding debug and battle modes

#1 Post by CGG » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:14 am

Ok - I finally made it through with my hybrid character with 200 in every skill! He has defeated everybody except the PE (I was never good at those Nintendo type bosses). I have two questions:

1) Is there a key for what does what in debug mode - how do i add an item without crashing the game (is it the same for the ega version of the game - what about new items)?

2) How do i unlock battle mode? I have killed everybody and still didn't get it! :cry really - i care more able battle mode than debug mode. I've done three pure play through and one hybrid play through each with max points. I've heard you don't need to kill the PE to get it (may or may not be true) - and that is the only thing i am missing.

Feel free to PM me if you think that's better. And nobody complain that I am asking for a freebie - I put a lot of time into this last play through just grinding stupid stats that i would never use to unlock these two modes, and i am out of ideas. I'm not going to start all over again without any direction.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Two questions regarding debug and battle modes

#2 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:50 am

Naturally, there's no instructions for how to avoid crashes in debug mode, since it's no officially supported feature. If you enter the wrong item number, the game crashes, ditto if you try to warp to a room that doesn't exist or if you mess with some of the global ints.

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by CGG » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:59 am

Erpy wrote:Naturally, there's no instructions for how to avoid crashes in debug mode, since it's no officially supported feature. If you enter the wrong item number, the game crashes, ditto if you try to warp to a room that doesn't exist or if you mess with some of the global ints.

hehe - I know its an "unsupported" feature - I was just wondering if there is an "unofficial" list of what is where/what item. Or, if I want a particular item, do i just have to guess until I get it right?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:04 am

I haven't seen such a list myself, nor will I provide one myself. The inventory item list isn't difficult to guess the maximum of, since the game's statistics are on the site.