Climbing

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Maddrick
Peasant Status

Climbing

#1 Post by Maddrick » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:46 am

Hi .. First a big thanks for this wonderful remake !! :D

Second .. my question ..
I started to play as a Magic User and was totally pathetic - so I restarted as a Fighter and am now on Day 3 and doing very well.
But ..
When I created my new fighting character I didn't assign climbing as an attribute :eek

So .. will I be unable to complete the game, not being able to climb, or can I happily play on ??
[I couldn't see any way to "add" climbing once I had started the game.]

Thanks.

Maddrick :)

NeoSnax90
Peasant Status

Re: Climbing

#2 Post by NeoSnax90 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:52 am

You can get through each game with base stats with no problem. Every character class has their own ways of getting through the puzzles.

In other words, you're fine. ;)

Goilveig
Knight Status

#3 Post by Goilveig » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:42 am

Yep, you never need any stats apart from those you start with, and in fact in my opinion it's more fun and challenging to play each class pure. Climbing is (at this point in the series) a thief-only stat (in QFG4 paladins and fighters get it too, wizards might be able to learn it but they have levitate so climbing's not needed).

The game really is worth playing thrice, with each class. Each class has its own charm and unique flavor.

Schrijvertje
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Schrijvertje » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:22 am

For me it's more of a puzzle solving thing. When I see a solution to a puzzle, I don't stop to think, "Wait a minute, that's not something my character class would do - there must be another way." I'm an adventure game player, so when I see a way to solve a puzzle and move on with the storyline, I do it!

Maddrick
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Maddrick » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:57 am

Hi :)

Thanks very much for your prompt replies :smokin

Nice to know I can carry on - although I will, of course, eventually play the game as the other two types also.
[Ahhhh. QFG IV !! Yes, I remember practicing climbing in that .... and for many hours ;)]

Cheers.

Maddrick :D