The QfG2 Walkthrough Is Live!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Goilveig
Knight Status

Re: The QfG2 Walkthrough Is Live!

#26 Post by Goilveig » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:51 pm

Erpy wrote:I think the Dark Master thing was deliberate to avoid spoilers. In QFG2VGA, we also took care not to mention a gender.
Also, the WIT test gives you the funny death scene if you ask for "Dark Master" but not if you ask by name ;)

Luna
Peasant Status

#27 Post by Luna » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:52 pm

Goilveig wrote:
Erpy wrote:I think the Dark Master thing was deliberate to avoid spoilers. In QFG2VGA, we also took care not to mention a gender.
Also, the WIT test gives you the funny death scene if you ask for "Dark Master" but not if you ask by name ;)
Which makes sense, you wouldn't know the name yet. And who's to say they even revealed it to the WIT Wizards? A fake name or what have you.

"Hello, welcome to WIT, what's your name?"

"Dark Master."

"Oh, that's a nice wholesome name, I'm sure we can trust you with our secrets and that nothing bad will come of it."

My point on the 'his' thing was more that it should be ambiguous, but I suppose that's semantics.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#28 Post by Erpy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:02 pm

The WIT wizards knew Katrina was the dark master. She was a member of WIT once, after all.

gamecreator
Knight Status

#29 Post by gamecreator » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:36 am

Suggestion: in the walkthrough, the suggested way to boost climbing is by using the tree at the oasis. I tried this but my climbing was too low and it did nothing. However, trying to climb up to the griffin's nest quickly started raising the skill. I'd suggest trading one for the other or at least mentioning both.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#30 Post by Erpy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:40 am

The griffin's cliff will boost climbing to about 80 or so and then it stops giving experience. That's about the value at which it starts to be possible to climb the palm tree. An imported character can easily start beyond that point though.

gamecreator
Knight Status

#31 Post by gamecreator » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:42 pm

Ah, good to know. Thanks. I guess that info still needs to go in the walkthrough though, in consideration of new thieves.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#32 Post by Spikey » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:59 pm

Dunno if anyone mentioned it, but I can't find any note of the optional chats with Shema and Shameen in the FAQ anywhere.

Red CyricZ
Peasant Status

#33 Post by Red CyricZ » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:20 am

If it's not too much trouble, would someone mind posting screenshots of the new Warrior Journal entries, or just typing up what the journal entries say and PMing it to me?

I'd love to make the effort myself and go back through this game, but I've got four games coming up in the next two weeks, all of which I plan on writing FAQs for, so I plan to be rather busy for the next month or so and sadly can't devote a lot of time to QfG2.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#34 Post by Brainiac » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:15 am

You want Sharpshooter's combat system overview. Though I'm sure Erpy would give you the details as well.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#35 Post by Erpy » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:52 am

I can give you the official page contents when I get back to my own computer tomorrow. Most of it isn't stuff you don't already know. Sharpshooter's correct about the Pizza Elemental's arti-choke move ignoring armor rating. In the journal, it just says 35 for damage if you wear chainmail, 33 if you wear the jerkin and 30 if you wear no armor. Sweeping Sir James has variable max hp, armor rating and melee attack damage depending on what class he's using. (the journal mentions all values)

Version 1.1 also has a multi-toss move for thieves that's activated by pressing Q at the end of a dagger toss.

testing223
Peasant Status

#36 Post by testing223 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:46 am

So what are some of the later game references? I got the moneychanger ones and Rakeesh, but anyone else?

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#37 Post by bugmenot » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:46 pm

Please add to the walkthrough that you can get honor points by bringing back the inn key to the kattas after they wake you up before you leave to Rasier.

Also, do add the easter egg about travelling manually to Rasier.

Rahul
Peasant Status

#38 Post by Rahul » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:07 am

A couple of conversation topics are misisng from your FAQ CyricZ. Please feel free to add these for completeness:

- Almost any character in the game, you can ask about weather (also in the original). This gives varied responses, from the obvious to very humorous :)
- Almost any character in Shapeir, you can ask about the elementals when they are around (topical) Fire Elemental, Air Elemental, Earth Elemental, Water Elemental

Shameen:
(normal) Fountain, Dinarzad, Aziza, Magic, Adventurer's Guild, Palace, Sultan, Astrologer, Fate
(secret) Money, Emir, Food, Room, Musician, Tarna
(tell about) Agi

Shema:
(topical) Caravan
(secret) Money, Emir, Musician, Sauerkraut, Lamb, Saurus, Tarna
(tell about) Agi

Adbulla Doo:
(normal) Fountain, Dinarzad, Adventurer's Guild, Palace, Sultan, Astrologer
(topical) Caravan, Omar
(secret) Magic, Money, Dervish, WIT, Month, Year, Omen, Musician
(tell about) Baba yaga

Alichica:
(normal) Adventurer's Guild, Aziza, Dinarzad, Astrologer, Palace, Sultan
(secret) Omar

Rakeesh:
(secret) Emir, Djinn, Pill, Power, Philosopher, Money, Poet, Merchants, Dervish, Caravan, Brother, Simbani
(tell about) Agi, Ad Avis (after dispelling enchantment)

Uhura:
(normal) Issur
(secret) Tarna, Emir, Money
(tell about) Agi

Issur:
(secret) Sultan, Paladin, Fire, Muscles, Magic, Thieves
(tell about) Agi, Robbery (after breaking in)

Astrologer Abu al-Njun:
(normal) Sultan
(secret) Djinn, Salim, Constellations, Future, Bed

Agi the Agile
(secret) Merchants, Katta, Caravan, Rope

Dinarzad:
(secret) Couple, Evening
(tell about) Agi

Aziza:
(secret): Monsters, Omar, Books, Enchantment, Manners, Dervish, Omen
(tell about) Agi

Harik Attar:
(normal) Components (after you've sold enough claws and tails to him)
(secret) Magic, Drugs, Plant, Money, Djinn, Katta
(tell about) Agi

Keapon Laffin:
(secret) Erasmus, Yorick, Hero, Wizard, Merchant, Scroll, Money, Beard, Omar, Bedouin, Saurus, Djinn
(tell about) Rakeesh, Spielburg

Katta merchants:
(secret) Omar, Merchants, Katta

Lisha:
(tell about) Tree

Uns al-Wujud:
(secret) Nest, Katta, Omar, Merchants

Abdallah bin Tahir:
(secret) Nest, Katta, Omar, Merchants

Shi'had the Beggar:
(secret) work

Omar:
(topical) WIT
(secret) Dervish, Monsters

Dervish:
(topical) WIT, Fire Elemental, Air Elemental, Earth Elemental, Water Elemental
(secret) Griffin, Emir, Elementals, Omar

Ferrari:
(secret) Magic, Room, Night, Order, Game, Information, Falcon

Ugarte:
(secret) Magic, Information, Dungeon, Thieves' Guild

Zayishah:
(secret) Control, Clothes, Eunuchs, Fountain, Monsters
(tell about) Al Scurva

Mayzun:
(secret) Desert, Fountain, Monsters, Eunuchs, Caravan
(tell about) Al Scurva

Sharaf:
(secret) Fountain, Guards, Honor, Pin, Escape
(tell about): Shema,

Djinn:
(secret) Palace, Money, Job
Last edited by Rahul on Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#39 Post by DrJones » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:39 am

You can ask Abu about "zodiac" for a very humorous response.

testing223
Peasant Status

#40 Post by testing223 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:14 pm

I wonder if anyone else can be asked about Mordavia and such?

Yendor
Peasant Status

#41 Post by Yendor » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:18 am

A few more things:
*The cast of characters is missing Walid from EOF, and the two gate guards in Shapeir.
*Some easily-missed points in the Forbidden City: simply walking off the cliff gets you nothing.
*A missing item: an oil lamp, a souvenir from the Blue Parrot Inn. You can use it to oil the cabinet in Khaveen's room.
*If you spare Walid's sorry ass at EOF, he'll speak up for you at the ceremony. Aziza will also mention if you saved Al Scurva.

etherlad
Royal Servant Status

#42 Post by etherlad » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:21 pm

Just thought I'd mention that at no point in the Mage's section of the walkthrough does it tell you to buy a saurus! I was quite sure I didn't have enough money after having bought all the spells Keapon offered -- all these years and I still didn't know that you could bargain Ali Fakir down to 5 dinars. So, the day was saved, but you might want to add that. (:

Thepal
Knight Status

#43 Post by Thepal » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:07 pm

I haven't really been paying attention to what topics I talk about are in your FAQ, but I just did one that was kinda cool so I thought I'd mention it (since it doesn't seem to be in there).

After Rakeesh gives you Soulforge to defeat the Earth Elemental you can "thank" him.

Edit: Oooh. Also cool. If you go into the practice hall you can ask Uhura about the Earth Elemental for some advice on fighting it.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#44 Post by Erpy » Fri Oct 03, 2008 1:14 pm

Yeah, you can thank people after they gave you something for free to help out with something. This'll give you a one-time honor and communication boost too.

And yes, Uhura and Rakeesh have alternative dialogue while inside the training room, not just about the earth elemental but also about a lot of other creatures too.

haradan
Knight Status

#45 Post by haradan » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:28 pm

Also, I see no mention to the fact that the wizard can cast Calm at the lava room in the forbidden city to momentary stop the flames, making it easier to cross. This also happened in the original version, but in AGDI's version you even get a response.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#46 Post by DrJones » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:48 pm

haradan wrote:Also, I see no mention to the fact that the wizard can cast Calm at the lava room in the forbidden city to momentary stop the flames, making it easier to cross. This also happened in the original version, but in AGDI's version you even get a response.
You can also throw water over yourself, so that your life bar stops decreasing for just being there. It only works for a second, though, so it's totally useless.

etherlad
Royal Servant Status

#47 Post by etherlad » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:17 pm

DrJones wrote:
haradan wrote:Also, I see no mention to the fact that the wizard can cast Calm at the lava room in the forbidden city to momentary stop the flames, making it easier to cross. This also happened in the original version, but in AGDI's version you even get a response.
You can also throw water over yourself, so that your life bar stops decreasing for just being there. It only works for a second, though, so it's totally useless.
I found it did the trick for me just fine in the EGA version.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#48 Post by DrJones » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:56 pm

Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I was reading CyricZ's walkthrough and found something intriguing. According to his v1.2 faq, you can use the cloth to make a bag of sand that you can use to subdue the air elemental. However, the EGA faq says that bag of sands are completely useless. In fact, I've tried just now to use the bag of sand in the remake (for science purposes, not cheating :p ) and the game said no to my attempt. :p

Is there a mistake in the Faq?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#49 Post by Erpy » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:05 am

I think there is. The air elemental very specifically requires dirt, not mere sand.

haradan
Knight Status

#50 Post by haradan » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:27 am

AFAIR, in the EGA version, I always used sand for the air elemental, no problems at all. It works as fine as dirt.