Completed my first playthrough...

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

SierraFan1885
Royal Servant Status

Completed my first playthrough...

#1 Post by SierraFan1885 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:01 am

And what a blast it was!!!

It was a real thrill experiencing Shapeir in VGA, so alike, yet so different at the same time. AGDs, I know you've heard this many times before, but y'all definately went above and beyond with this project!! All the new little details you added where astounding, no wonder the game took as long as it did! Mega props for little things like being able to ask certain people about places like Mordavia and Silmaria, not only is that nice foreshadowing, but it really gives the world a more "fleshed out" feeling.

And those midnight chats with Shema and Shameen are some great character moments.

Some more details I'm glad to see are the new saurus for use in Raseir, and how you worked Khaveen into the "thief ending", I recently played through the original and thought it was dissatisfying how the thief doesn't get to finish off Khaveen in some way.

Mega points for the pizza elemental!! My wizard is eager to see if he can pound the sauce out of him as well :p

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Completed my first playthrough...

#2 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:45 am

Thanks for the kind words. I'm happy to see people being understanding now about why things took so long.

Goilveig
Knight Status

Re: Completed my first playthrough...

#3 Post by Goilveig » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:37 am

Yeah, I've played it through on all three classes for full points (except the mage, forgot to ask the genie about "wishes" that time)

It's a fantastic remake, Sierra at their pinnacle couldn't have done it better themselves. It stays true to the original yet adds unique and challenging aspects all its own.