Trouble accepting aziza's tea

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Tobriand
Peasant Status

Trouble accepting aziza's tea

#1 Post by Tobriand » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:54 pm

Heya!

First, a note to say how amazed I am at this game. Everything about the way you have done it is perfect, and is exactly the thing I've been waiting for for about 10 years now.

Secondly, onto the reason for my post. I am having a great deal of trouble in chatting to Aziza, and, in particular, in accepting her offer of tea. I've tried all three dialogue systems, and each of them doesn't work. So the typed responses of "yes", "Yes", "YES", "ok", "OK", and "Ok", which I believe ought to do, simply get me kicked out of her house for being rude.

And if I move to the point and click only option, there still isn't a dialogue option of "yes".

Any help?

- Toby

CGG
Royal Servant Status

Re: Trouble accepting aziza's tea

#2 Post by CGG » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:04 pm

Tobriand wrote:Heya!

First, a note to say how amazed I am at this game. Everything about the way you have done it is perfect, and is exactly the thing I've been waiting for for about 10 years now.

Secondly, onto the reason for my post. I am having a great deal of trouble in chatting to Aziza, and, in particular, in accepting her offer of tea. I've tried all three dialogue systems, and each of them doesn't work. So the typed responses of "yes", "Yes", "YES", "ok", "OK", and "Ok", which I believe ought to do, simply get me kicked out of her house for being rude.

And if I move to the point and click only option, there still isn't a dialogue option of "yes".

Any help?

- Toby
You have to click the lips on yourself, not on her. Anytime you want to say something, exit out of her dialog box and go to your own. "answer yes" will be an option.

Tobriand
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Tobriand » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:18 pm

Thanks! That worked, as expected. I suspect I'll also find it a touch eaiser to make it into the thief's guild now, too :).

Goilveig
Knight Status

#4 Post by Goilveig » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:13 pm

Yup. QFG2 VGA (and 3+) all use the mouth icon in two ways:

On someone else -- ask
On yourself -- tell

You get the most communication/honor if you use both. That is, greet and say farewell to everyone.

Schrijvertje
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Schrijvertje » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:46 am

I had the same problem figuring this out, but I found it by pure chance luckily. It's logical from a certain point of view, of course, but when you're used to adventure games where the talk function covers both things when clicking on another character, and the only experience you have clicking the talk function on yourself is getting a message balloon like "Talking to yourself is the first sign of insanity", you're not likely to do that in a new game.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#6 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:52 am

That's why these games come with a manual. :D Some Sierra games like Gabriel Knight Sins of the Fathers and the Quest for Glory games took a departure from the standard Sierra interface with the inclusion of new icons. Most players should be able to deduce things after experimenting a little, but if in doubt, always read the manual. The effort put into making a manual isn't just for show. It serves a purpose!

Schrijvertje
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Schrijvertje » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:54 am

I plead guilty of not having read the manual :rollin Would've been different had it been a hardcopy.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#8 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:55 am

Not to mention in QFG3 and QFG4, clicking the mouth on yourself was also used to tell people about stuff and was required to finish both games.