Fighter imported as a wizard?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

SierraFan1885
Royal Servant Status

Fighter imported as a wizard?

#1 Post by SierraFan1885 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:17 pm

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not, but I just tried importing my fighter character from QFG2VGA into WoW and it told me he was imported as a wizard, whereas at the end of Trial it told me my fighter was successfully saved.

This might have to do with having the reversal spell, since I went through wit, and the final battle with Ad Avis was very...magical haha! Good thing I get the option of making sure my profession is correct.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Fighter imported as a wizard?

#2 Post by Brainiac » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:28 pm

This is part of the reason QfG3 had the class selection option. Anyone who goes through WIT and gets Reversal is typically considered a Wizard by QfG3. Thus, you can correct the issue by reselecting the Fighter as your class.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:02 pm

Yeah, if you complete QFG2EGA as a fighter with all spells, QFG3 also gets confused. Heh, you did admit you wanted to become a wizard upon entering WIT.

Paviel
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Paviel » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:42 am

Odd. This never happened to me in the EGA version.

Perhaps I should elaborate. When I played a Fighter with magic in the EGA version, I passed the WIT test and became a Paladin, and when I imported the character to QFG3, the game clearly recognized the character as a Paladin.

I did the same with a Magic User (i.e. passed the WIT test and became a Paladin), and when I imported to QFG3 the game couldn't tell whether my character was a Paladin or a Wizard, so it asked me to specify which of those two classes I was. The weird thing is, immediately afterwards it gave me the option to change to ANY class, the way it always does...

I assume that the difference in my case was that I always try to become a Paladin (as long as I'm a Fighter or Magic User, anyway).