EOF

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

The Great Fool
Peasant Status

EOF

#1 Post by The Great Fool » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:39 pm

So can EOF be reached by any other class than a fighter?

Goilveig
Knight Status

Re: EOF

#2 Post by Goilveig » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:49 pm

Nope.

The Great Fool
Peasant Status

#3 Post by The Great Fool » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:06 pm

That's what I thought. Thanx.

LFF
Peasant Status

#4 Post by LFF » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:42 pm

Is that just for the remake? I've definitely become an EOF member as a thief in the original game.

[Edit: I see Erpy has said no in this game in the other thread. It's a shame though because it was fun to do EOF, the robberies and WIT all in one game! Oh well!]

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Brainiac » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:58 pm

LFF wrote:I see Erpy has said no in this game in the other thread. It's a shame though because it was fun to do EOF, the robberies and WIT all in one game! Oh well!
You still can. You just have to be a Fighter to do it. You could always change into one at the start of the game.

Goilveig
Knight Status

#6 Post by Goilveig » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:58 pm

LFF wrote: [Edit: I see Erpy has said no in this game in the other thread. It's a shame though because it was fun to do EOF, the robberies and WIT all in one game! Oh well!]
You can. You take a fighter and add in the other skills. Since there's only 3 skills lacking (magic, pick locks, and stealth) you can do so over the course of two games, or start a thief in the first game with magic and parry, and switch him to a fighter for 2. Or even start a pure thief, reclass him to a fighter, and use your remaining points to add magic.

Regardless, it's only possible on an imported character.
Last edited by Goilveig on Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#7 Post by Schloss Ritter » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 pm

My thief with all skills maxed (even non-thief ones) didn't get the EOF invite in the original QfG2. Sure you're remembering right, LFF?

Goilveig
Knight Status

#8 Post by Goilveig » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:05 pm

Schloss Ritter wrote:My thief with all skills maxed (even non-thief ones) didn't get the EOF invite in the original QfG2. Sure you're remembering right, LFF?
I, too, was fairly certain only fighters could get EOF in the EGA version too.

LFF
Peasant Status

#9 Post by LFF » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:13 pm

Yeah, I'm positive. I was trying to figure out the best way to show you and this was all I could come up with. If anyone has a better way, let me know.

I couldn't pick up the sword when I left though.
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#10 Post by Schloss Ritter » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:31 pm

You have a Shield. That's either a Fighter or a hacked Thief file...

Remember, Fighters can get the Thief stuff listed normally in QfG1.

LFF
Peasant Status

#11 Post by LFF » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:43 pm

I definitely imported the character from QG1 but I don't remember what I played as in that game.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#12 Post by Schloss Ritter » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:59 pm

Give Parry to a Thief in QfG1, and they still don't get a Shield. Only Fighters get Shields.
Classes in QfG1 stay the same into QfG2.
Maybe you used Razzle Dazzle Root Beer or Suck Blue Frog to get him with a Shield.
Or maybe there was a glitch in the import.

Can we see the Character Sheet?

Anyway, having the Shield may be the key they checked to see if you qualify for EOF instead of checking the class. Since only Fighters are supposed to have a Shield, it was always meant for Fighters only.

lodgey
Peasant Status

#13 Post by lodgey » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:50 am

I think that the answer to this problem is an import bug with the original QFG2.

I remember playing the original and wondering why every character imported had a fighter's picture on the status screen, but when you started a new thief or magic user, they got their own picture. The game was treating every import as a fighter (although it didn't give you a sword or parry ability if you didn't have it already).

I believe that there was a patch to fix this somewhere. This is also probably one of the reasons why games after QFG2 asked when importing to confirm exactly what class your character was (just in case you were affected by this bug).