One quick message...

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

CDA_91
Peasant Status

One quick message...

#1 Post by CDA_91 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:21 pm

I realised that I've been making a fair few posts here recently (mostly about bugs) but that I never actually wrote a gratitude post, well here goes:

I've had the quest for glory games for years now and have played them over and over (why not?) and I've lurked in the then-Tierra-now-ADGI forums ever since I stumbled across the KQ2 remake on the AGS site. I think I can safely say (although I'd never played a King's Quest game before) your KQ2 was by far the best adventure game I'd ever played made with AGS.

Then when you announced you were remaking a game that I'd actually already played (and adored) I was thrilled. I regularly checked the website, rather more frequently as the tantalising designer journals hinted at the impeding completion. I was never really that bothered by the time it took, it was all well worth it after all. Then when I got back from a two-week holiday to find the website had changed totally and the FACC already three sessions in I was checking several times a day :lol

I can say in all honesty that, as far as a video game is concerned, I'd never felt anything like so much anticipation as I did on the 24th nor as much delight when the download completed XD I honestly got goosebumps as I read the news on the forums that the downloads were open.

Anyway... I played the game and it exceeded every expectation I had of it. Apart from the amount of real new content for each class (magical games in particular) the sheer volume of the small additions added so much to the game. The remake captured perfectly the atmosphere of the original Trial by Fire, which I always felt was unique. And the child-like delight I felt every time I uncovered a new easter egg was something no other game, professional or amateur, had ever given me.

I could rant on and on about how much I love the new combat system or the expression on the eunuch's face as he's brought down but to be honest I've already written an essay here so I'll wrap it up (at last).

This was just a vain attempt to convey to the developers just how much I love what they've done and how much I appreciate all the work they've put into it.

Cheers 8))

I'll go back to lurking now XD

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: One quick message...

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:19 am

Hearing positive feedback is never a bad thing, and It's cool that we were able to inspire the same feelings of giddiness that one tends to associated with childhood. It's pretty amazing, the type of suppressed a feelings old-school game can evoke at times. I remember shouting out uncharacteristically loud and running around in circles, back in 1996 when I first found out that a QFG5 was going to be made...

Thanks for your comments!