Fast stat increase?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Solarkid
Knight Status

Fast stat increase?

#1 Post by Solarkid » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:20 pm

Hey all.

I was just wondering about the way you've set up stat increase for this game.
I've completed it as a figher and am now playing as a thief. I'm finding it really tedious to max out weapon use, every fight (including uhura) gives 1 point of weapon use to me and sometimes no points, I'm currently at 150 so that means its gonna take a VERY long time to max that stat out. Am i missing something here? It didn't take that long to max it out in the original game.

Also, climbing, i know you've made the tree in the oasis climbable (good call btw) but I get no points or 1 point occasionally when i climb it, is there no quick way to increase this stat? I've had no problem increasing stealth, agility, strength, throwing, vitality, intelligence, pick lock, magic etc but these two stats just seem so different.

Dave

random
Peasant Status

Re: Fast stat increase?

#2 Post by random » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:02 pm

I was playing hard mode, pure parser, standard alleyways on my last playthrough, I sucked blue frog to lower my stats, but the game seems to be as easy as on easy mode.

from my point of view about stat increasing... it might be lowered on hard mode and player should not be able to change "game skill" during gameplay... also it should be displayed on your game score together with your alleyway system

but maybe it would be a big modification against original game

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:05 pm

Difficulty levels have no effect on stat increases. (although naturally, if an enemy has more hp, you'll have to hit him more often to win, resulting in more stat increases) And I think not allowing a mid-game change of difficulty would not be a popular decision, especially near the end of the game.

I never had problems maxing my weapon use. As you keep fighting enemies, it'll keep increasing.

random
Peasant Status

#4 Post by random » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:11 pm

i know, it was just my idea

Solarkid
Knight Status

#5 Post by Solarkid » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:35 pm

Erpy wrote: I never had problems maxing my weapon use. As you keep fighting enemies, it'll keep increasing.

Right, but if it occasionally increases by 1 when i have a full fight then ur talking at least 70 full fights to max it. Plus i'm a thief so i got quite used to backstab, which gives me no weapon use, ever. I had no problem with weapon use as a fighter, but thief seems o go up VERY slowly. Also, any advice for climbing? That seems impossible.

Dave

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:02 pm

Well, if it's just the principle of maxing out, the only thing I can suggest is to do lots of training with Uhura and use the single swing and stab as often as possible. (plunge is good for additional damage, but gives less weapon use experience) And for climbing, the tree is really the only way to max that stat out. (it's not like you'll be using it until QFG4 anyhow) The only thing I can suggest to get rid of the tedium is to just spread it out. Visit the oasis each day, climb it 50 times or so and then leave and come back next day.

Solarkid
Knight Status

#7 Post by Solarkid » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:18 pm

Okay :) thank you for the time.

Can i suggest that you make weapon use increase slightly faster in the next version?
I just tried the original and im tempted to say it increases too fast, i'm getting 5-10 weapon use every battle until about 190, where it levels off to 2 or 3.
Far faster than your remake.

I realise i've complained a bit in this thread, but i assure you I LOVE the remake, honestly it is absolutely fantastic quality and puts the originals to shame.

Dave