Loading problem

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

jupe
Peasant Status

Loading problem

#1 Post by jupe » Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:38 pm

Hi!
waited for this game for yrs and finally got it!
so a very big thank you to the developers and everyone..

but i got a problem now. The game seems to hang when i load game from start, with the music getting stuck and repeating like a jammed record player since yest. but after a while the game does get loaded and i can continue to play with my game.
however, now i cannot load my latest save game(1st saved game got error loading, 2nd loads with no lag no hang no problem, 3rd - latest one) hangs the game for more than 5 mins. my hdd light lighted up non stop and it took more than 1 min for alt tab to respond and to switch to other applications. ctrl-alt-del(task manager) took forever to come out when i wanted to end task.

Anyone encountered similiar problems? gone thru this subforum but can't find any related problems.
thanks

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Loading problem

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:32 am

Try upgrading to the latest version of DirectX and also upgrading to the latest version of your video card drivers.

Also, try running the winsetup.exe program and using a different sound/music driver to see if that helps.