Issues, typos, etc. (game manual)

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Issues, typos, etc. (game manual)

#1 Post by DrJones » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:44 pm

Looking if there was a thread about the game manual, but found none. I opened this one for all issues related with the docs that come with the game.

On page 3 of the game manual, I think I found a small typo. On the "Importing a character from Spielburg" section, it says "... your hero can travel to Sapheir by magic carpet and one again help you defeat evil"

I think it should say "once".

<Lord Sloth>
Peasant Status

Re: Issues, typos, etc. (game manual)

#2 Post by <Lord Sloth> » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:35 pm

and Sapheir should be Shapier, though I'm guessing that one is yours.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#3 Post by DrJones » Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:39 pm

<Lord Sloth> wrote:and Sapheir should be Shapier, though I'm guessing that one is yours.
Oops. :lol
Though it really is Shapeir. Good thing the parser understands so many "alternate wordings"

<Lord Sloth>
Peasant Status

#4 Post by <Lord Sloth> » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:32 am

:o Riiggghht. I remember, I before E (except after C). I suppose this applies to fantasy lands as well.

This is simply typical of whenever I try to be all high and mighty editor-man.

Goilveig
Knight Status

#5 Post by Goilveig » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:46 am

<Lord Sloth> wrote::o Riiggghht. I remember, I before E (except after C). I suppose this applies to fantasy lands as well.
In that vein, the rule is insufficient as there are always the weird species of words which are too feisty to conform ;)

And, of course, the names are supposed to be pseudo-Arabic, not English, so English grammatical rules don't really hold ;)

The rule only holds in English because we often merge two neighboring vowels into a single vowel sound. I imagine in Arabic, it would be pronounced Sha-pe-ir not Sha-peir.