Missing Silly Clowns in the Desert?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Ambaryerno
Peasant Status

Missing Silly Clowns in the Desert?

#1 Post by Ambaryerno » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:16 am

Has anyone seen any of the Silly Clowns that appeared while wandering the desert in the original game?

In the original there was a golfer behind the dunes that would send up cloud of sand and an occasional "NUTS!" I also remember military jets that would fly across the sky, a mirage of dead King Arthur from Conquests of Camelot, (would fade away if you approached him) and there were some other random gags (nothing that I recall clearly, other than that there were several more) that I've not seen yet (Silly Clowns are on). Has anyone run across these yet?

Also, I always thought it was a nice touch in the original that when wandering the desert the Hero kicked up a little bit of sand as he walked.

Crowley9
Royal Servant Status

Re: Missing Silly Clowns in the Desert?

#2 Post by Crowley9 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:19 am

I'm on my third playthrough, and so far I have seen the golfer several times, but the jet and king Graham (from King's Quest V) only once. There have also been several signs popping up in the desert.

Flying Tentacle
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Flying Tentacle » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:56 pm

On my first playthrough I saw those golfers once, the jet once, the funny signs in the desert several times, the clowns making noise in the alleys of Shapeir several times and once the "old" Prince of Persia jumping from one side of the scren to the other, also in the alleys of Shapeir. The last one is new I think and a very cool idea.

Ambaryerno
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Ambaryerno » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:49 pm

Is there some trick to seeing them in the VGA version? I'm on Day 6 I think so far, and the last three or four days I've spent almost all day from sunrise to sunset wandering around the desert and STILL haven't had anything pop up. I KNOW the EGA they appeared quite frequently, (especially the golfer and signs) whether riding the Saurus or walking, or whether or not I had water (the King Arthur one I think WAS a mirage if you were out of water).

For that matter I've yet to see a pack of Jackalmen, either...

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:51 pm

Just keep exploring the desert and you'll probably stumble upon them eventually. Some of them don't appear during the first few days.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#6 Post by Schloss Ritter » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:30 pm

Ambaryerno wrote:... the last three or four days I've spent almost all day from sunrise to sunset wandering around the desert
For that matter I've yet to see a pack of Jackalmen, either...
Some monsters aren't very fond of the harsh sun.

*sings*
We only come out at night...
Last edited by Schloss Ritter on Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pikaporeon
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by pikaporeon » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:49 pm

I only found the signs without my saurus.