Caged Beast...Odd, I can't seem to find him

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Nightfall1121
Peasant Status

Caged Beast...Odd, I can't seem to find him

#1 Post by Nightfall1121 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:55 am

So, this is fairly strange. I go to the same spot the beast was in the Original (SCI?) Version OF QFG2, and I can't seem to find him. Was he moved, or did I just miss something? It was five screens left (one past the griffin) and then three screens down, right? Anyway, I could use some help, hints, or anything information that you think is useful to this. Please.

Thank you. I hope everyone has a pleasant evening.

-Nightfall1121

pikaporeon
Royal Servant Status

Re: Caged Beast...Odd, I can't seem to find him

#2 Post by pikaporeon » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:09 am

Have you been told about him yet?

Nightfall1121
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Nightfall1121 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:37 pm

:o Err... I figured I'd just let it go and let the Dervish give me the puzzle (or tell me about it), and I finally found him, though the monsters were pretty intent on deterring me. Again, I repeat " :o " .

I also beat the game last night, as a Wizard. I'm going to play as a thief next, and in the meantime, I also gotta get some floppy disks so I can save my characters! Back to the game, I really, really enjoyed this remake. I think I remember hearing a rumor as a child that Sierra was going to do a remake of QFGII sometime, but it just never happened. But, I think the makers of this new VGA version outdid themselves (despite the inevitable bugs, but so far, I've found that they're easily fixable unlike some others... *glares at favorite QFG game, QFGIV*).

Now if only I could figure out how to activate this blue frog for later... :\

murphy
Peasant Status

#4 Post by murphy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:18 pm

You do know you don't need a floppy to save a character, right? At the end of the game when you're prompted to put in a disk, you can just change the a: to c: and whammo blam, you can save your character on your hard drive.