Bargain and apothecary (spoilers!)

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Bargain and apothecary (spoilers!)

#1 Post by DrJones » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:50 pm

I tried to buy 3 units of incense from the apothecary, but he only sold me one. :(

Also, I took advantage of the situation and bargained down to a ridiculous prize and got the incense anyways. Now I feel bad, I hope that doesn't shatter my chances to become a Paladin. :p

I'm so cheap ass, I did it after having just been paid 90 dinars from ghoul claws alone. I'm such a Hero! :lol

gizzywiz
Peasant Status

Re: Bargain and apothecary (spoilers!)

#2 Post by gizzywiz » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:51 am

In the original if you tried to bargain he would just give it to you for free. Also, I doubt you will need more than one.

Moosse
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Moosse » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:42 pm

Spoiler Ahead!!

In my EGA version, whenever I bought more than one bag of incense, I couldn't capture the Fire Elemental, I was helpless in the alley. I could only run away. It took me weeks to figure out that I only needed one bag.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:25 am

He also gives it to you for free in the remake, IF the fire elemental is having fun in the gate plaza at the time. The order 3- get 1 thing was a bug that should be fixed in version 1.1.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

#5 Post by Schloss Ritter » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:50 pm

I don't know if it's explicitly stated anywhere, but in order to get something for free (at the right time and after you've told them about the appropriate topic), you have to go through the buy interface and offer 0 Dinars/Centimes for it.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:35 pm

That's only true with Harik. With the Katta merchants, they'll just give you the item. Don't forget to show your appreciation later.