Am I under a strict time frame?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

shera1981
Peasant Status

Am I under a strict time frame?

#1 Post by shera1981 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:51 pm

Okay, so I have been noticing that it is taking me much longer than the walkthrough time frames to figure things out. And sometimes things are out of sequence, such as I noticed on the walkthrough Rakeesh rewards you right away for killing the first elemental, but for me, it took me about 4 days for him to reward me, he wasn't in or outside the guild. It was only after I purchased the cloth bag that he appeared. Is this a problem that I am using up too many days? I am not even sure how to tell what day I am on! :( As of yet, I have not seen the second elemental but I think it is because I haven't been strong enough yet to win the arm wrestle with the guy from the armour shop. Is that what happens? The game sort of goes on "hold" until I have figured everything out to move on? Thanks for the help!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Am I under a strict time frame?

#2 Post by Erpy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:57 pm

The game operates on a schedule. Certain things happen on certain days. Rakeesh did not appear because you bought something. He appeared because he was scheduled to turn up that day. Rakeesh is outside the guild on day 1, 3 and 13 and he's inside the guild on day 2, 7, 12 and 16. That means the earliest day he can give you your reward is on day 7. If a walkthrough says otherwise, that walkthrough is either wrong or you've misread it.

ulmont
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by ulmont » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:58 pm

shera1981 wrote:I am not even sure how to tell what day I am on! :(
Read the manual or hit CTRL-T. The mouse option is to the left of the spell menu (it pops up a submenu with an hourglass, which is what you want).
shera1981 wrote:Is that what happens? The game sort of goes on "hold" until I have figured everything out to move on?
No. You are on a strict timeframe.

shera1981
Peasant Status

#4 Post by shera1981 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:41 pm

Yikes! Ok thanks guys, here's hoping I don't miss something crucial then! :eek

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:45 pm

It's not really easy to miss really crucial things. Trust me, unless you sleep away every day, 16 days is enough. Also, Shameen and Shema will notify you when the city needs your help.

Goilveig
Knight Status

#6 Post by Goilveig » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:00 pm

shera1981 wrote:Yikes! Ok thanks guys, here's hoping I don't miss something crucial then! :eek
Just eat breakfast and dinner at the inn, and visit the adventurer's guild + all plazas + the saurus stables at least one time per day and you're guaranteed not to miss any timed thing; they're not hidden or anything. If you're a thief visit the money changer every evening.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#7 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:21 am

Also, while in Shapeir, the game will take the liberty of ending itself if you take too long (ie. longer than two days) to deal with particularly large threats. This is its way of ensuring that you remain on schedule.