What happens to the storage chest when you leave to Rasier?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

What happens to the storage chest when you leave to Rasier?

#1 Post by bugmenot » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:58 am

Probably unlike the newer sequels (but correct me if I'm wrong), you allow to store in the storage chest also the basic items (such as a sword, an armor and a shield).

So what happens if you leave such items when you head off to Rasier? Are they restored automatically? If not, do they re-appear when importing your character to later sequels (other than the shield in QFG3, which is irrelevant because you arrive with another one anyway)?
Last edited by bugmenot on Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: What happens to the storage chest when you leave to Rasier?

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:25 am

The game forces you to take all of your important items out of the storage chest again before the game will let you join the caravan.

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by CGG » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:19 am

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:The game forces you to take all of your important items out of the storage chest again before the game will let you join the caravan.
And that also adds a little bit of a problem if you don't have an "important" item anymore. shameen will tell you to check your chest, and you're stuck. (keep in mind i got stuck like this when i permanently dropped the water elemental just to see what would happen) while shameen was in the room with me - maybe a different result would occur if i didn't have it earlier).

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#4 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:12 am

How did you drop the water elemental? Important items like that should not be droppable at all, to prevent this kind of situation from ever occurring. Did you somehow cheat or hex edit the item out of your inventory?

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by CGG » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:24 am

Actually - i am sorry - I did not remember that correctly. I was trying to drop a lot of different things, so i went pack to day 16 and replayed it.

This situation happens if you drop the Katta's sapphire pin (which it does let you drop). However, Shameen keeps sending you back to the chest.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#6 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:06 am

The Sapphire Pin shouldn't prohibit you from leaving either, as you can use the rusty nail to escape the Raseir dungeon if you don't have the pin. Here's a list of the items you need to be carrying in order to get out of the room and join the caravan:

-The Magic Lamp
-Spare Clothes
-Water Elemental Essence
-The Fighter needs either his old Sword or Issur's Fine sword, as well as his Shield
-The Thief needs the Magic Rope, either the Lock-pick or Toolkit, and 4 or more daggers

However, the game only forces the Thief to take Magic Rope and 4 Daggers if it sees that you have them stored in your chest but not being carried on your person. If you don't have a rope or that many daggers, it will just let you pass.

Kotskoets
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by Kotskoets » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:54 am

Obviously this... "CGG" character is hiding something from us... his story doesn't quite add up!

WITCH!!! YOU HEXED IT DIDN'T YOU!? YOU'RE GOING TO BURN!

Just a lil joke there pals dont get scared.

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by bugmenot » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:23 am

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:Here's a list of the items you need to be carrying in order to get out of the room and join the caravan:

-The Fighter needs either his old Sword or Issur's Fine sword, as well as his Shield
What about the armor? If not, it brings back the question I asked about importing the character to later sequels.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#9 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:27 am

I don't think the game requires you to take armour across to Raseir. But the Hero travels back to Shapeir and stays there for at least 2 weeks after liberating Raseir, so it's not really a stretch of the imagination to assume that he'd retrieve an important item like armour from his chest before going to Tarna.

The game only really requires you to take any items which are necessary to use in Raseir.

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by CGG » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:31 pm

Kotskoets wrote:Obviously this... "CGG" character is hiding something from us... his story doesn't quite add up!

WITCH!!! YOU HEXED IT DIDN'T YOU!? YOU'RE GOING TO BURN!

Just a lil joke there pals dont get scared.
haha - no, I didn't hex or anything. But I am a bit confused, i tried last night and was able to be "stuck" in the room, and I was pretty sure I isolated it to the pin. Now I can't seem to replicate it, but I know i did it before.

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by bugmenot » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:00 pm

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote:I don't think the game requires you to take armour across to Raseir. But...it's not really a stretch of the imagination to assume that he'd retrieve an important item like armour from his chest before going to Tarna.
But there can be two types of armor for thieves and wizards (the better kind can be bought in QFG1). Won't their better armor be downgraded to a worse one if they leave the former in the storage chest?

Thyme in Lost
Peasant Status

#12 Post by Thyme in Lost » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:58 am

I left most of my Money in the Chest, since I knew it was only going to get stolen. Plus, there is also need to have 100s of dinars in Rasier.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#13 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:27 am

bugmenot wrote: But there can be two types of armor for thieves and wizards (the better kind can be bought in QFG1). Won't their better armor be downgraded to a worse one if they leave the former in the storage chest?
I just checked this using all 3 classes. I stored the chainmail in the chest at the Inn, then exported the .sav files from QFG2VGA, and imported them into QFG3. With the armor stored in QFG2VGA, QFG3 seems to give you the chainmail by default as a Fighter, but it doesn't seem to get imported across for Wizards or Thieves.

If you do not store the chainmail in the chest (for all three classes) and export the QFG2VGA .sav while still carrying it, the situation is exactly the same. QFG3 will import Fighters with the chainmail, and Wizards and Thieves without it.

It seems the armor is not imported into QFG3 at all, but rather is given to you based on your class.

Goilveig
Knight Status

#14 Post by Goilveig » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:29 am

Anonymous Game Creator 2 wrote: It seems the armor is not imported into QFG3 at all, but rather is given to you based on your class.
Yeah, mages and thieves don't even get armor in 3. Then they can all get platemail in 4 (but it has a different icon based on your class). Go figure.

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#15 Post by bugmenot » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:17 pm

Then they can all get platemail in 4
The paladin can get even a better armor. As for QFG3, I'd say the thieves and wizards should sue for discrimination (not to mention that they have to turn to fighters if they became paladins in QFG2).

Could the thieves and wizards import their better armor in the original QFG2?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#16 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:09 pm

If thieves and magic users purchased chainmail armor in QFG1, it'd be imported along in QFG2.

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#17 Post by bugmenot » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:37 pm

Erpy wrote:If thieves and magic users purchased chainmail armor in QFG1, it'd be imported along in QFG2.
Do you mean the original QFG2 (because we've already discussed the remake)?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#18 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:38 pm

It's the same for both the EGA and remake of QFG2.

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#19 Post by bugmenot » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:42 pm