No direct text input?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

lukeman3000
Peasant Status

No direct text input?

#1 Post by lukeman3000 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:48 pm

Hello, I am new to these forums and just registered to ask this question; however, I have been following the development of QFG II for very long like many others.

My question is, in the original game, I could start typing directly into the parser. However, in this game, even if I choose to start a game with the "Classic" parser interface, I have to click on something first before I can enter text into the parser. Am I missing something?

Furthermore, I have a laptop with a wide-screen 1920x1200 display. What would be the best option for me to run the game in, as far as resolutions go? What do the graphics filters do? I have turned them on and see little difference when running the game at 1920x1200 fullscreen as opposed to 640x400 fullscreen. Well, with the exception of extreme slow down.

ALSO, one last thing. What is the best option to use for playing this game, "point and click", parser, or combo? Combo seems to be the most desirable, because you still get full parser functionality while being able to see the convo tree in case you missed something. Is this correct, or is there any benefit to strictly using the "parser" interface as opposed to the "combo" interface?

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

Re: No direct text input?

#2 Post by Gronagor » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:59 pm

That wouldn't make a difference. The game was made in 320x200. Just set it to full screen without the filters. The filters blurs the pixels in attempt to make it look more smooth on the modern high resolution screens (an AGS engin tool).

And you have a parser when you talk to people. Why do you need the parser otherwise?
And you answered your final question yourself.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: No direct text input?

#3 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:28 pm

Parser-only mode is only for people who like to type all their inqueries and find that point & click trees distract them. Otherwise, the systems are identical.