Six Hundred and Fifty-Four Points!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

JoshRotella
Peasant Status

Six Hundred and Fifty-Four Points!

#1 Post by JoshRotella » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:28 am

Awesome. So awesome. I played the game with the help of the blue frog mode, and changed around my character type so that I could get points for all the different deeds for each character type. At the end, I'm like a mega-paladin with 654 puzzle points!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Six Hundred and Fifty-Four Points!

#2 Post by Erpy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:55 am

Wait, did that include the burglaries the thief gets points for? Because if I recall correctly, the variable that determines you've been declared honorless (i.e: disqualified for paladinhood) is a variable that cannot be changed by the debug mode.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#3 Post by Brainiac » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:54 pm

On a whim, I tested this. The maximum possible score you can end the game with simply by switching character classes (and some use of the room teleport function) is 679 points (622 points in the regular game, 57 additional Paladin Points). Since the game is locked while performing the actions that will kill Ad Avis (and thus F10 is non-functional), you can only get points for killing him once (the best is as a Wizard with 25 points). Trying to accomplish every regular point-giving action will end the game with 665 points and no Paladinhood.

Tybarius
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Tybarius » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:05 am

I finished with 781 and as a paladin. I gave the thief sign to the Money Changer & fenced the tea set (F-10/51) I added to my inventory. Gave the sign to Ferrari & the Blackbird (F-10/62) I added to my inventory. Those are the four things a thief does for points that you can without losing Paladin points. I also jumped in and out of room 213 twice once as fighter for Khaveen and entering ritual room then as a Wizard to destroy Ad Avis and finished the game. This is what my points looked like at that point:

Fighter Day 29

05 Enter Palace
15 Kill Khaveen (583 points) confirmed

Wizard Day 29 (If the walkthrough is correct)

25 Destroy Ad Avis
20 Attend the Hero Ceremony at the Sultan's Palace (628 points) unconfirmed/unable to check

But I am awarded Paladin and my final score is 781 which as you can see is far more than just 50 points for Paladin more like 153

It could have to do with the additional points that non-fighters get, I never had a sword till I borrowed Soulforge except as the fighter when I needed one for Khaveen. Then I dumped it back in the Katta Inn. Started as a Thief, then a wizard and finally as a fighter all for day 1 then a thief for most of the game.

BTW If you kill the Griffin even as a fighter or a wizard the score drops to 764

04/23 Fighter the last time I tried it, I can't be sure of the Wizard because when I went back that time I also had the Wizard kill the guards which I didn't record whether that one thing affected the score (but I think my score was 754). So as the Fighter the griffin was the one and only thing I changed that time through.
Last edited by Tybarius on Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Brainiac » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:35 am

Ah, of course, the inventory cheat. I can't believe I forgot about that. That would add 6 points to my list (three for fencing an item with Dinarzad and three for the Blackbird for Ferrari). You are indeed correct that you "ended" with 628 points. As to gaining 153 points for Paladinhood, I don't know how you pulled that off. Even if you get the Paladin points for all three character classes (tripling those that each class can get), you'd get 143 rather than 153. I'm guessing certain actions add to the Paladin Points every time they occur (since normally they don't repeat honestly).

ADDENDUM (4/20): Your point drop for fighting the griffin is interesting. In the original game, it should cost you ten Paladin Points; in the remake, it should be five. It appears to have cost you seventeen points. I have a guess where the other twelve points came from, but I need to know one thing. Which class did you fight Merv as?