The FAQ made me think the hero must deal with Al Scurva

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

The FAQ made me think the hero must deal with Al Scurva

#1 Post by bugmenot » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:22 pm

Why is saving Al Scurva part of the main plot and not just an optional side quest? I mean, wizards already know about Ad Avis from the WIT, and everybody know about him when the saurus visits Aziza with you. Besides, it gives nothing to know about Ad Avis in advance. It's not like you can prepare for him and you're supposed to leave for Rasier anyway.
Last edited by bugmenot on Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Why must the hero deal with Al Scurva?

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Al Scurva is only a side quest. You need the Fruit of Compassion to free the caged beast, but you don't have to do the Julanar side quest in order to complete the game either. Both are totally optional.

Goilveig
Knight Status

#3 Post by Goilveig » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:04 am

Indeed, I've finished the game without doing either the beast or Julanar. You don't even have to leave Shapier, ever, and you can win the game.

You miss out on a lot of points and such, but you can do it. The only mandatory parts are the elementals + rasier onwards, everything else is optional.

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by bugmenot » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:57 pm

Now, if only you could finish the game without even leaving your inn room...you could have ordered daily room service from Shema. Then you could have convinced Aboo to get other people (like Aziza) to come visit you (then throw Aziza out if she forgets to say hi or something). :D
Last edited by bugmenot on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paviel
Peasant Status

Re: The FAQ made me think the hero must deal with Al Scurva

#5 Post by Paviel » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:55 pm

You don't even have to leave Shapier, ever, and you can win the game.
Yes you do.

You have to leave for Raseir.

Schloss Ritter
Knight Status

Re: The FAQ made me think the hero must deal with Al Scurva

#6 Post by Schloss Ritter » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:05 pm

I'm sure he meant leave manually, as opposed to during an automatic sequence, meaning you don't ever have to explore the desert.

Yendor
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Yendor » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:41 am

bugmenot wrote:Now, if only you could finish the game without even leaving your inn room...you could have ordered daily room service from Shema and perhaps even get a private dance...then you could convince Aboo to get other people (like Aziza) to come visit YOU (then throw Aziza out if she forgets to say hi or something). :D
"Hello, Mr. F. Elemental, is it? A Mr. Aidendale wants to see you, if you'll just come inside for a bit. Please mind the carpets."