Dropping the two remaining dispel potions

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

Dropping the two remaining dispel potions

#1 Post by bugmenot » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:24 pm

After you deal with Al Scurva (which is mandatory, but why?), what happens in the endgame movie if you previously dropped your two remaining dispel potions (that plot wise you weren't expected to keep).

And what if didn't drop them but just left them in the storage chest (which in theory makes them in your possession when the endgame movie takes place)?

Paviel
Peasant Status

Re: Dropping the two remaining dispel potions

#2 Post by Paviel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:50 pm

Judging from the original game, you use one of them to dispel... well, you know whom I'm talking about.

It stands to reason that if you drop both of your remaining dispel potions, you won't be able to dispel him, and maybe you won't even become the Prince of Shapeir...

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by bugmenot » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:09 pm

You already realized I know what I'm talking about, so the question is what will actually happen, not what if. Besides, I already mentioned that you weren't expected to carry the two remaining dispel potions.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#4 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:09 pm

If you still have a dispel potion in your inventory (not stored in the chest), the Hero will use it to dispel the Emir.

Otherwise, if you don't have one on hand at the ceremony, the game says that Harik prepared a special dispel potion for the occasion, just like in the original game.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:20 pm

Assuming, of course, your hero knows who he is. If you didn't visit Aziza's house on day 16, the saurus won't be at the end ceremony. (and like was already mentioned, saving the beast is not mandatory)

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#6 Post by bugmenot » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:31 pm

Erpy wrote:If you didn't visit Aziza's house on day 16, the saurus won't be at the end ceremony. (and like was already mentioned, saving the beast is not mandatory)
Do either of these things hurt your paladin/honor points?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:36 am

It won't give you negative paladin/honor points, you just miss up on some positive points.