What can be done with the Blue Frog inventory item?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

SancheztheWhaler
Peasant Status

What can be done with the Blue Frog inventory item?

#1 Post by SancheztheWhaler » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:51 pm

OK - so I got the blue frog from the oasis. Now what? Other than releasing him back into the oasis, is there anything that can be done with the frog? If someone knows, but doesn't want to spoil the fun for everyone else by posting publicly, please PM me and let me know. Either I'm missing something (I've tried releasing the frog in the Shapeir fountain, Aziza's house, and giving it to everyone, but nothing works) or there is no use for the frog, and if there's no use, I'd rather not keep wasting my time trying to figure it out.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: What can be done with the Blue Frog inventory item?

#2 Post by DrJones » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:02 pm

SancheztheWhaler wrote:OK - so I got the blue frog from the oasis. Now what? Other than releasing him back into the oasis, is there anything that can be done with the frog? If someone knows, but doesn't want to spoil the fun for everyone else by posting publicly, please PM me and let me know. Either I'm missing something (I've tried releasing the frog in the Shapeir fountain, Aziza's house, and giving it to everyone, but nothing works) or there is no use for the frog, and if there's no use, I'd rather not keep wasting my time trying to figure it out.
On the original game, once you sucked the Blue Frog, you had to press Ctrl + A to activate the debug mode, but here I don't know what needs to be done (and I'm not really eager to know, for now).

gamecreator
Knight Status

#3 Post by gamecreator » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:37 pm

I'll send you a PM shortly.

Peteman
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Peteman » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:28 am

PM me too about the use of the frog please.

oriel
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by oriel » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:05 am

Me too! (please)

soulfire
Peasant Status

#6 Post by soulfire » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:38 pm

alright, i've given up on it, someone pm me too :p

gamecreator
Knight Status

#7 Post by gamecreator » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:13 pm

Since I'm getting so many requests:

To obtain the frog...
Go to the oasis/dervish in the desert with the empty bellows (before you capture the air elemental)
If the frog isn't there, keep leaving the screen and returning until he's back
Use bellows on frog to capture him

To activate blue frog mode...
I haven't had time to figure this out but supposedly it involves having the frog in your inventory when you win the game, winning with stats maxed and having earned all points. There may be more to it or maybe some of this isn't required, I'm not sure.

Finally, if you don't want to spend so much time doing detective work, PM me and I will give you instructions on an alternate way. But if you have the patience for it, try the above and let everyone know if it worked.

OmerMor
Peasant Status

#8 Post by OmerMor » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:43 pm

Do you have information about Battle Mode as well?

gamecreator
Knight Status

#9 Post by gamecreator » Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:55 pm

Afraid not, though the person who told me he unlocked blue frog mode by having full stats/points also unlocked battle mode, I think both at the same time. But I hesitate to even say that because, again, I don't know the full conditions.

ulmont
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by ulmont » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:40 pm

gamecreator wrote:To activate blue frog mode...
I haven't had time to figure this out but supposedly it involves having the frog in your inventory when you win the game, winning with stats maxed and having earned all points. There may be more to it or maybe some of this isn't required, I'm not sure.
I activated blue frog mode with the frog in the inventory, maxed stats (all stats, all spells), but not maxed points (I always miss something or other).

I've never unlocked battle mode, though, so that must be something else, probably getting all enemies into the Warrior's Diary.

Ronkaperplexous
Peasant Status

#11 Post by Ronkaperplexous » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:52 pm

Forgive a newb, but what does "unlocked battle mode" mean?

Exeter Lux
Peasant Status

#12 Post by Exeter Lux » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:40 pm

I assume this means every single stat and not just stats readily available to a single class? Does this also include Honor?

CGG
Royal Servant Status

#13 Post by CGG » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:19 pm

I didn't know battle mode and bluefrog mode was separate . . .
ulmont wrote:I've never unlocked battle mode, though, so that must be something else, probably getting all enemies into the Warrior's Diary.
Nah - it takes more than that - I've beat everybody (brigands, scorpions, terrorsaurus, jackelmen, ghoul, Walid, rasierian guards, Khaveen, earth elemental, Urah, Rakeesh) and got max points and had max fighter stats and didn't get battle mode. I did not have the blue frog though . . . maybe its full diary AND blue frog?

Yendor
Peasant Status

#14 Post by Yendor » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:29 am

I unlocked both blue frog and battle mode with a wizard-paladin, with full stats and max points. He fought all the usual suspects, including the fifth elemental, but not the griffin. The diary is missing some points from the ghoul and most from the earth elemental.

Jafar
Super Star

#15 Post by Jafar » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:33 am

Did you max all your spells too?

ulmont
Royal Servant Status

#16 Post by ulmont » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:04 pm

When I unlocked blue frog, I was playing a thief with every skill. I did max every spell as well as every skill (including honor, yes).

Paladinlover
Knight Status

#17 Post by Paladinlover » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:51 pm

Battle mode? Blue frog mode? Diary? May I ask just what all these are? :lol

Till next time stay cool :cool:

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#18 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:45 pm

Diary = The Warrior's Diary. It's an inventory item you get from a hidden sidequest. It's basically a journal that lists your stats and the monsters'. If you witnessed any attacks by the monster, those'll also be added to the creature's section. If you got hit by any attacks, the entry will also contain the damage the attack does. Every creature's section also contains stuff like their maximum hitpoints and how many you defeated. In version 1.0, it had 13 pages...one for the hero and 12 for the regular opponents. In version 1.1, it has two additional pages for the hidden opponents. For the hero, it lists his hp, his armor, the amount of times he ran away, the amount of magical games he won or lost and some more stuff.

Blue Frog Mode: The debug mode that's somewhat similar to the original debug mode. Lets you modify stats/spell skills, warp to other rooms, obtain inventory items, jump forward/back in time, set money and manually modify some of the game´s variables. It´s something that has to be unlocked before you can use it.

Battle Mode: A separate "Debug" Menu that has various combat-specific options that cannot be accessed by Blue Frog Mode. Allows you to access the combat selection screen, where you can access any battle any time. (you won't gain stats afterwards, nor do you die if you'd lose) Also allows you to enable the damage meter (causes numbers indicating damage to fly off combattants when they get hit or heal), summon monsters in the desert, disable or enable random encounters, manually set the battle speed or enable auto-critical mode. (where every non-magical hit is a critical hit...allowing you to pretend enemies are made of butter) Like Blue Frog Mode, this feature must be unlocked. (and it's unlocked separately from Blue Frog Mode)