Unable to get scorpion or ghoul claws after killing

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Peter Swinkels
Knight Status

Unable to get scorpion or ghoul claws after killing

#1 Post by Peter Swinkels » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:43 am

I'm playing Quest for Glory II VGA 1.0 and I appear to be unable to take scorpion tails or ghoul claws after killing a scorpion or ghoul. I get told there is nothing to take. How do I take the claws or tails?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Unable to get scorpion or ghoul claws after killing

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:54 am

This is a knowledge flag. Your hero must speak to Harik about components before he'll take them off monsters.

Peter Swinkels
Knight Status

#3 Post by Peter Swinkels » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:20 pm

Okay thanks, I will try talking to Harik about "components". I did try asking about tails and claws. Why doesn't that work?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:05 pm

That's probably an oversight.

Dwalin
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Dwalin » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:50 pm

I am having the same problem right now. I have already talked to Harik and sold some claws and tails to him, but later my character just stopped taking tails from dead scorpions. When I click on a scorpion's body, he just says: "What a waste. No treasure". Is the player supposed to take only a limited number of tails?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Yeah, after you sold the maximum amount of components, your character will simply stop taking them instead of picking them up and forcing the player to manually discard them.

Ajanhuiri
Peasant Status

#7 Post by Ajanhuiri » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:15 pm

By this time there have been many errors unveiled, but at risk of being repetitive I will mention one error sometimes critical for those statistic maxing (without using the cheat codes):

If you sell Harik more than one ghoul claw at once he'll only pay you for one. However, all those multiples will still count in your collection tally, and you will still be maxed at five. I did examine this for scorpion tails, and did not try to stash a claw while selling only one. It would be good to know what others find.