3rd playthrough v1.1 observations/issues/questions/spoilers!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

papste
Royal Servant Status

3rd playthrough v1.1 observations/issues/questions/spoilers!

#1 Post by papste » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:04 am

OK. I have finished my 3rd playthrough using a fighter hybrid having all thief and mage skills as well.
Some things that i would appreciate if Erpy or AGC2 cleared up for me.
First i managed to follow the thief ending by entering through the harem but having cast reversal before dazzling the guards at the gate and throwing a dagger at the eunuch then going over the balcony. After passing through the harem and using the rope to cross over to Ad Avis i press tab to check my spells and make sure that reversal is still active. However Ad Avis starts throwing flame darts at me which aren't reflected as they should have been (since reversal is active) and that causes me to fall over and die. Is this something you guys missed? The way i see it either Ad Avis spells should be reflected until you manage to get close and throw a dagger at him, or somehow you should get a message saying that reversal expired before you enter the room.

One 2nd issue that i found more annoying is that when i finished the game following the fighter ending, the scene at the sultans palace shows that i have scored 500 out of 500 points but when i accept paladinhood and go on to finish the game just before the credits start rolling it says i only got 495 out of 500. Now i figured something was not right so i restored and rejected paladinhood which gave me 500 out of 500 and unlocked blue frog mode and battle mode. This is a bug right? I mean accepting paladinhood shouldn't reduce the score right? That was kind of annoying cause i finished the game having completed the warriors diary fully and having all skills and magic spells at 200. I went for a perfect character but i cannot be a paladin in order to achieve that....

Awesome game btw as i have already said in earlier posts during my earlier playthroughs. I can't get enough of it. I wonder if you guys could make an agreement with Vivendi to produce a commercial game using the content you already created, set in the same background which we all love (meaning the land of Shapeir) having a different storyline. I know i would gladly pay 50 bucks for a new game taking place in the land of Shapeir, either involving the hero coming back or some other new hero.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: 3rd playthrough v1.1 observations/issues/questions/spoilers!

#2 Post by Erpy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:28 am

That was probably an oversight with Reversal. It isn't meant to work in the thief's endgame, since invulnerability to Addy's flamedarts would completely break the sequence.

As for the points...I have no idea why that happened. Might be a bug. It's possible to get perfect score if you remain as your class and get an imperfect score if you choose paladinhood...that's because when you become a paladin, your acquired paladinpoints are added to the final score. (maximum is 50, you got 45 presumably due to the -5 penalty of disturbing the griffin, which you needed in order to complete the diary) But in that case, it should say you got 545 out of 550 points, so I'm not sure why it gave you the score it did.

papste
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by papste » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:39 am

Looks like you are right Erpy. I went and replayed through my last savegame again and it says i get 545 out of 550 when i accept paladinhood. Don't know how i got 495 out of 500 earlier, could be my mistake or some weird issue that occured only once. However, if i accept paladinhood but having fought the griffin which makes me lose 5 points prevents me from unlocking blue frog and battlemode, but rejecting paladinhood works just fine and unlocks it for me.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:48 am

Then I suppose a perfect final score plays a role in unlocking them.