Where is the Export file written? I can't find it!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

twistedoldloony
Peasant Status

Where is the Export file written? I can't find it!

#1 Post by twistedoldloony » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:37 am

I have been waiting for this remake for so long and now I have installed and finished it once. I saved my export file when the game prompted me to, but when I looked for it to import it into the next game I couldn't find it anywhere. I even did a computer wide search for the name I gave it. I have now gone back and finished the game from my last saved game and saved the character under another file name, but I still can't find the file to import into QfG3. Please would someone tell me what is going on? I would really like to play my continued character as I can't find my old files and they are on floppy disk anyway and my new Vista system doesn't have a floppy drive!

Thanks
-twist

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Where is the Export file written? I can't find it!

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:54 am

You might try the suggestions mentioned in this thread:

http://www.agdiforums.com/forum/viewtop ... 30&t=12494

papste
Royal Servant Status

Re: Where is the Export file written? I can't find it!

#3 Post by papste » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:09 am

If you are using any version of Windows other than Vista you will find it in the game directory which should be:
C:\Program Files\AGD Interactive\Quest for Glory II

If you are using Windows Vista you will find it either in the game directory or the virtual store:
C:\Program Files\AGD Interactive\Quest for Glory II
or
C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\AGD Interactive\Quest for Glory II
where %USER% is your username