fruit of compassion

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Geerte
Peasant Status

fruit of compassion

#1 Post by Geerte » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:55 am

Hello,

I have a problem with the game. I have version 1.1, and I can't get the fruit of compassion.
I have defeaten the earth elemental, spoken with harik and aziza about the dispel potion and the tree, visited the dervish and the beast in the cage. I have watered the tree once, but when I say tell about yourself, the game says, come back when you have something useful to say, or something. I can't type tell about spielburg completely. I can only type"tell about spielbu", and there is no room for more letters.

Is this a bug, or what else am I doing wrong? I'm getting desperate! Can someone please help me?

Thanks a lot.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: fruit of compassion

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:16 pm

You should be able to complete the puzzle if you spoke to Aziza after obtaining the elemental earth. That said, there's no need to type "tell about spielburg" into the hero's tell-about parser. Since every subject you type into the parser that appears after clicking talk on the hero is automatically assumed to be something you tell NPC's about, you can simply type "spielburg" or "yourself" into it. If that still doesn't work, I'd need to know the exact message you're getting.

Geerte
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Geerte » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:35 pm

@erpy,

Thanks for your quick answer. Fortunately, after playing with the game speed meter in the controls options a bit, I managed to get the fruit. I think it had something to do with the game speed. So the problem is solved, I can get the fruit.

Thanks again for your trouble.

Schrijvertje
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Schrijvertje » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:39 am

Could it have been a low communication stat?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:09 am

That's possible too, although by day 12, most people should already have their communication skill past the point where you get messages like that.

Schrijvertje
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Schrijvertje » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:18 am

I don't know, I got those messages as well when I tried to talk to the tree. I rarely greeted or said goodbye, only talked to people when it was needed for the storyline. I could never bargain very good, either. I think it took 10 tries before telling the tree something succeeded.

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by bugmenot » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:35 pm

Schrijvertje wrote:I rarely greeted or said goodbye, only talked to people when it was needed for the storyline. I could never bargain very good, either.
That's pretty funny. What a terrible lasting impression you must have left behind. Your endgame sequence should be like this:

Shameen: "I woke him up before he left to Rasier and he just pushed me aside and walked out with the inn key."
Shema: "This guy freaked me out. He sat all alone in the dark staring at me dance. Never said a word when he ordered food."
Aziza: "I remember him. He usually came over, got tea and just left."
Zayishah: "He just put on some weird glasses and stared at me quietly while I undressed."
The Emir: "He was a strong silent rider."
Omar The Poet: "Isn't he the quiet guy that gave me my wallet back?"
Rakeesh: "Who?"
Last edited by bugmenot on Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamecreator
Knight Status

#8 Post by gamecreator » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:11 am

Lol! :rollin
For some reason I see those as interviews being conducted by a news station.

Dervish: "Must have been the guy who drank some water, silently came up to me, cut some of my beard off and left."
(except in dervish talk)

bugmenot
Royal Servant Status

#9 Post by bugmenot » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:39 am

Uhura: "He entered my place a couple of times, yelled "challenge" and started to fight me."
Random guard: "I remember him walking in the alleys all day without talking to anybody."
Issur: "I consider him my new best friend!"

In any case, if he ever gets back to Shapier, no one would probably remember him.