Bug with thief class and dagger throwing?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

papste
Royal Servant Status

Bug with thief class and dagger throwing?

#1 Post by papste » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:12 pm

Playing with a pure thief and trying to fight the griffin on day 15. After having defeated the griffin twice, it attacks me for a third time being at half health. Whenever i try to throw daggers at it, it takes a defensive position covering its head with its wings. Now when i DO manage to hit it with a few daggers (i throw the daggers when it goes on to make its attack thus managing to hit it before it takes a defensive position and i keep having the Q button pressed so that i repeatedly hit it with daggers), it then proceeds to take the said defensive position but this time it never comes out of it. You cannot escape combat nor restore the game, so the only alternative is to press alt+x and quit the game.

Is this a one time bug that only happens to me or something that needs to be fixed?

I'm playing version 1.1 at 320x200 resolution and have included a savegame at the exact spot when the griffin attacks me for the last time where the bug occurs.
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

papste
Royal Servant Status

Re: Bug with thief class and dagger throwing?

#2 Post by papste » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:08 pm

EDIT: Im now on day 28 practicing some Raseir saurus combat. I was fighting a terrorsaurus that dropped me off my saurus mid-combat and i started throwing daggers at it. Four of the daggers missed the terrorsaurus and the others hit the target eventually turning the battle in my favor (i threw 11 daggers total). After finishing off the mob i clicked both on the corpse and the ground in order to collect the daggers. I had 36 daggers before i engaged in combat and ended up with 47 at the end of the fight after clicking on the corpse and the ground. Made several tests afterward and it seems that the daggers you throw are not subtracted from your inventory but you can still pick them up thus adding more in your current stock. I just wanted to let you guys know in case you wanted to fix this in the next compilation coming out.