Any Tips for Winning Against Keapon?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

TheBlueSorceress
Peasant Status

Any Tips for Winning Against Keapon?

#1 Post by TheBlueSorceress » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:40 pm

Hello everyone,

I can't seem to get the hang of predicting where my force bolt will go when playing Keapon's magic game. I tried using the grid as a guide, but found it really distracting, and I know that the rotate button is supposed to help figure it out, but for the life of me I can't seem to determine how. Can anyone explain to me how it's supposed to work?

Thanks,
Blue

adeyke

Re: Any Tips for Winning Against Keapon?

#2 Post by adeyke » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:00 pm

The tiles don't determine the direction; they determine the angle. So if you know what direction the bolt will enter, you can rotate the tile to better see what direction it'll exit.

If you still have a hard time, you could always save the game first, then fire a bolt, then restore if it didn't end up doing what you wanted.

TheBlueSorceress
Peasant Status

#3 Post by TheBlueSorceress » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:53 pm

Thanks. I feel awfully silly for not figuring that out.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:06 pm

Cast Detect Magic every turn to see if any of Keapon's clouds can be hit and trace a route from that cloud back to your side so you know what prism to shoot at. (using the rotate icon)

If none of Keapon's clouds can be hit, you can either try to defend your clouds (if any can be hit) by disrupting Keapon's route (watch it, disrupting one route may open up another) or you can try to plot a route to one of his clouds and use Trigger/Fetch to modify the prisms accordingly. If a prism takes more than 2 trigger spells to be useful, use Fetch to move it out of the way instead. Try to create routes that can be altered quickly to hit another cloud in the next turn if possible.

Cocoon
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Cocoon » Sat May 28, 2011 5:53 pm

I really dont like this minigame, i have won almost at random, tell me i have to win it only one time, now i have to win also the other one, gosh.

DaemonDarqueGS
Peasant Status

#6 Post by DaemonDarqueGS » Sun May 29, 2011 12:39 am

You only have to win the game once to get the power-up. I didn't much care for Keapon's game, but I did really enjoy Aziza's and played it a lot.

On a side note, your icon. I know it from somewhere! It looks so familiar to me, but I just can't place it. Where is it from?

adeyke

#7 Post by adeyke » Sun May 29, 2011 12:44 am

I think it's the head of the navigator from Monkey Island 1.

DaemonDarqueGS
Peasant Status

#8 Post by DaemonDarqueGS » Sun May 29, 2011 1:13 am

Oh! You're right, it is! Monkey Island didn't even enter into my brain and I just recently played it too. Thanks ;)

Cocoon
Peasant Status

#9 Post by Cocoon » Tue May 31, 2011 1:31 pm

Yep, the navigator's head |I

Anyway a couple of of questions:
So i have to wait for day 16, looks like a lot of time
I have to collect 500 dinar for the jewel or i should ignore that and spend freely ?

DaemonDarqueGS
Peasant Status

#10 Post by DaemonDarqueGS » Tue May 31, 2011 2:28 pm

You don't have to save up the money for the jewel, you get that later (I believe). I just can't remember which elemental you get it after, though.

prysmkitsune
Peasant Status

#11 Post by prysmkitsune » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:26 am

*spoiler, slightly*
you get the sapphire pin after beating the wind elemental as thanks from the merchants whos stalls were in its path of destruction.