Original QFG2 box ingame item?

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Arcane
Peasant Status

Original QFG2 box ingame item?

#1 Post by Arcane » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi i have add to my character item number 88 via debug mode and i was wondering what it was. It's a original box of QFG2 and its signed. when i picked that item and examine it, I found a Shapeir map and it gave me some points. So my question is... Where can i get that item normal way?
I have also found a secret? location....
its a saurus reapair shop, it appeared when i add my map via debug mode. is there anyhing you can do here? Or is it just a nice easter egg?
Last edited by Arcane on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Original QFG2 box ingame item?

#2 Post by DrJones » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:32 pm

What?! That's uber cool!! I've got that game box before, but I didn't know you could get the map from there, which makes sense, but is totally unexpected. Ahahaha!

You can buy the game box from the creators of the original game, which are in the game disguised as kattas. You can only get it at one specific day, and the offering might be random, so you should visit them at day or during the afternoon to see if they got it.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Original QFG2 box ingame item?

#3 Post by Erpy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:13 pm

Yeah, in the classic system, you can also get a map by taking it out of the QFG2 Game box. You can only do so if you haven't bought a map yet. The item you get from the Coles isn't random, btw. No "question mark item" is. There's a factor involved in it.

The saurus repair shop isn't all that secret...it's at the end of Dambi Darb in the classic system.

This is the first time someone stumbles upon secrets by simply going there with the debug mode. Now you see why we insisted on locking it away so people would have to explore the game on their own first before going secret-hopping.