Annoying Advert

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

dljones33
Peasant Status

Annoying Advert

#1 Post by dljones33 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:16 am

Since downloading Quest for Glory 2, I have been getting these annoying audio adverts from GameSpy and others. Anyway to shut this off??

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Annoying Advert

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:41 am

Are you sure it's related to QFG2VGA? We don't have any third-party software hidden in our installer. Did you download the game from our own site?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#3 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:08 am

If you downloaded the game directly from our site at http://www.AGDInteractive.com, it's not possible that the ads are related to QFG2VGA. However, if you downloaded the installer elsewhere, then there's no telling how any third party may have modified it. That's why we always stress that people should only download our games directly from our own website and nowhere else on the web.

If you did download it elsewhere, can you please let us know where from, so that we can seek its removal. If the installer contains adware, not only does that cast us in a bad light, but they're also using our hard work to redirect advertising traffic to their own site, while bypassing ours - something we're certainly not profiting from in any way.

But the timing of the GameSpy ads appearing could also be an unrelated matter which simply coincided with you installing QFG2VGA on your system. Finding out exactly which site you downloaded the game from will be the first step in finding out what's happening here.

Knight Status

#4 Post by 1234567890 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:09 am

I dont" have this problem. Nor have I heard of it. AGD2 and Erpy are right, 3rd party hosts might mess with the game files, and could ahave caused this. Run a scan with Ad-Aware on your computer, it might be un-related spyware, (or, if you downloaded from another site, related spyware :cry ) hope not. Also, here is the link to the AGDI download page:
http://agdinteractive.com/countdl.php?a ... ad&game=10

hope this helps,

dljones33
Peasant Status

#5 Post by dljones33 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:14 am

Well, I ran bitdefender - nothing, adaware - nothing, spybot - nothing, ccleaner - nothing....finally tried STOPzilla which found the infection and cleared it up. I have no clue where I picked it up. I know I didn't download the game from here in retrospect. I even deleted the first game and reloaded it from here with no effect. I was already infected. Anyway, things are back to normal and I'm 10 bucks in the hole. Small price to pay though IMHO.