couple questions

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Shadowdragon
Peasant Status

couple questions

#1 Post by Shadowdragon » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:39 am

I can't seem to figure out how to assign points to stats at character creation. Don't I just put the curser over the stat I want increased and push the arrow buttons?

How come only parts of the game were redrawn? It would have been nice to see new sprites and plazas to go with the new portriats, alleys and interiors.

I was also wondering if there were any plans to remake the other QFG games to look and work like the QFG2 remake. QFG4 in particular could use a remake so we have a version that doesn't include dozens of bugs.

adeyke

Re: couple questions

#2 Post by adeyke » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:50 am

Shadowdragon wrote:I can't seem to figure out how to assign points to stats at character creation. Don't I just put the curser over the stat I want increased and push the arrow buttons?
Press the right mouse button on the stat to increase the allocation and the left mouse button to decrease it.
How come only parts of the game were redrawn? It would have been nice to see new sprites and plazas to go with the new portriats, alleys and interiors.
Everything is redrawn. The changes just aren't always equally dramatic at first glance. However, if you look at an original QfG2 screen after playing the remake, you should still see a huge difference.
I was also wondering if there were any plans to remake the other QFG games to look and work like the QFG2 remake. QFG4 in particular could use a remake so we have a version that doesn't include dozens of bugs.
Not going to happen. The unofficial patches and DOSBox already make the other games quite playable, even on modern computers. Also, even a 1:1 remake that doesn't add or improve anything would still take from many months to several years to complete (from extracting and implementing all the resources, scripting everything, and debugging). That's a huge time investment for something that will end up identical to something that already exists.