It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:06 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: couple questions
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:39 am 
Offline
Peasant Status

Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:33 am
Posts: 2
I can't seem to figure out how to assign points to stats at character creation. Don't I just put the curser over the stat I want increased and push the arrow buttons?

How come only parts of the game were redrawn? It would have been nice to see new sprites and plazas to go with the new portriats, alleys and interiors.

I was also wondering if there were any plans to remake the other QFG games to look and work like the QFG2 remake. QFG4 in particular could use a remake so we have a version that doesn't include dozens of bugs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: couple questions
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:50 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2001 6:01 am
Posts: 1718
Location: B├╝hlerzell, Germany
Shadowdragon wrote:
I can't seem to figure out how to assign points to stats at character creation. Don't I just put the curser over the stat I want increased and push the arrow buttons?


Press the right mouse button on the stat to increase the allocation and the left mouse button to decrease it.

Quote:
How come only parts of the game were redrawn? It would have been nice to see new sprites and plazas to go with the new portriats, alleys and interiors.


Everything is redrawn. The changes just aren't always equally dramatic at first glance. However, if you look at an original QfG2 screen after playing the remake, you should still see a huge difference.

Quote:
I was also wondering if there were any plans to remake the other QFG games to look and work like the QFG2 remake. QFG4 in particular could use a remake so we have a version that doesn't include dozens of bugs.


Not going to happen. The unofficial patches and DOSBox already make the other games quite playable, even on modern computers. Also, even a 1:1 remake that doesn't add or improve anything would still take from many months to several years to complete (from extracting and implementing all the resources, scripting everything, and debugging). That's a huge time investment for something that will end up identical to something that already exists.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group