Boom Bug

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

TomCaT
Peasant Status

Boom Bug

#1 Post by TomCaT » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:47 pm

Sorry, but I didn't notice "BUGS" topic. I didn't want to litter with topics.

One bug was noted at the finish of a Ghoul fight. If a Ghoul throws a Boom, and the Boom explodes JUST before the Ghoul is shattered, the flame remains until the end of a fight.

Moreover: my next fight was also with a Ghoul. The Boom flame was still there from the start of the fight to the very end (just as a static visual effect, no damage, no animation). The second Ghoul didn't use any Booms (hadn't much time for). In the third fight there were Jackalmen, without any Boom flames or bugs.

Still don't know, does it disappear after any Ghoul throws another Boom.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Boom Bug

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:06 pm

Yes, it should disappear when another Boom spell is cast. This is mostly a cosmetic glitch. Maybe we'll be able to look into it at some point, but it's not high priority. The reason it wouldn't appear in a jackalmen battle is because the jackalmen battle is another room-file alltogether.

TomCaT
Peasant Status

Re: Boom Bug

#3 Post by TomCaT » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:57 pm

Erpy wrote:This is mostly a cosmetic glitch.
Ceartainly, a glitch, not a bug!.. My misspell, sorry.
Erpy wrote:Maybe we'll be able to look into it at some point, but it's not high priority.
Ah, that's nothing, :) , I just thought for some reason I was the first to notice, so tried to be helpful.
Erpy wrote:The reason it wouldn't appear in a jackalmen battle is because the jackalmen battle is another room-file alltogether.
I thought of something of a kind...