AGDInteractive - Sierra Adventure Game Remakes Forum
http://www.agdinteractive.com/forum/

Flowers
http://www.agdinteractive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=13293
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Elizabeth [ Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:32 am ]
Post subject:  Flowers

I'm playing as a thief and don't want to be a paladin. Will giving out flowers to Shema, Uhura, etc. raise any other skills besides Honor, or do I not need them if I'm not trying to raise Honor?

Author:  Erpy [ Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Flowers

Giving flowers raises honor and communication. They're a nice way of giving your honor an extra boost. Other ways include doing good deeds and being polite to people.

Image

Author:  Elizabeth [ Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Flowers

But if I make my thief give out flowers to raise communication, can I still make him flirt with Dinarzad in order to avoid becoming a paladin?

Author:  DrJones [ Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Flowers

Becoming a paladin in Quest for Glory 2 requires more than just having a high Honor stat, and I'm pretty sure that by playing with a thief, you'll do at least one thing that disqualifies you from ever getting that honor.

But even in the weird case you didn't do any of those things afterall, you can decline the offer, so just don't worry about it and give flowers to whatever you please. Also, kiss Shema after the dance. :p

Author:  Brainiac [ Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Flowers

Flirting with Dinarzad shouldn't interfere with becoming a Paladin. It's pretty much everything else that a Thief does that will do it.

Plus peeping on princesses or attacking griffins can do it (though that last is only a show-stopper for Thieves).

Author:  Lady Pyro [ Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Flowers

Why would you want to turn your thief into a paladin? The point of being a thief is to steal and backstab. And while I do enjoy the entirley imaginary conflict of interest that my thief/doctor experiences, I can't see it being much fun to avoid half the game for the sake of honour.
I don't mean that to be rude, I'm genuinly curious at the choice.

Author:  Elizabeth [ Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Flowers

Lady Pyro wrote:
Why would you want to turn your thief into a paladin? The point of being a thief is to steal and backstab. And while I do enjoy the entirley imaginary conflict of interest that my thief/doctor experiences, I can't see it being much fun to avoid half the game for the sake of honour.
I don't mean that to be rude, I'm genuinly curious at the choice.


I wrote that I DON'T want my thief to be a paladin. :p What I was asking is if giving out flowers helps any other skill besides honor. If it only helps honor, I wasn't going to spend money on flowers since I'm not trying to raise honor. But some mentioned that it also raises communication, so I might give out flowers to help the communication stat.

Author:  Brainiac [ Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Flowers

Lady Pyro wrote:
Why would you want to turn your thief into a paladin?

It's a good way to get a Pallie with every Skill since Thieves start with all but two Skills at the start. Plus the challenge of getting a "full" 500-point Thief-Paladin can be quite appealing.

Author:  Erpy [ Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Flowers

Breaking into even one house is enough to get a permanent disqualification for paladinhood, even if you're so nice you end up with 200 honor points.

Image

Author:  Lady Pyro [ Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Flowers

Elizabeth wrote:
I wrote that I DON'T want my thief to be a paladin. :p What I was asking is if giving out flowers helps any other skill besides honor. If it only helps honor, I wasn't going to spend money on flowers since I'm not trying to raise honor. But some mentioned that it also raises communication, so I might give out flowers to help the communication stat.


You know, I knew that when I read the first few posts, then as soon as I started typing it I totally forgot.
Also, One of these days I'm going to learn how to read :P


I think my thief ended with 200 honour, but I think that was a side effect of my need for maxed communications.

Author:  Elizabeth [ Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Flowers

Lady Pyro wrote:
You know, I knew that when I read the first few posts, then as soon as I started typing it I totally forgot..


:p It's okay.

Author:  Ajanhuiri [ Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Flowers

So indeed (and I'll check) breaking into Issur's shop is a automatic disqualifier, right? I just wanted to make sure because I noticed while playing my stat-maxed thief (non-paladin) that the honor ding (occurring after maxed honor) was only -1 for thieving the weapons shop while it was -9 for breaking into the first house. Issur is kind of a douchebag and it seems the game respected that fact. If it's paladin disqualifier though, I've leave it out of my other play-throughs.

Author:  Erpy [ Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Flowers

Yes, it's a paladin disqualifier and I believe it's also impossible to enter there without Dinarzad directing you there, which she won't unless you've finished the metalworker's break-in job, which already declared you honorless.

Image

Author:  Ajanhuiri [ Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Flowers

Awesome! Thanks for the FYI.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/