QfG2/QfG3 Mage To Paladin

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Ghilz
Peasant Status

QfG2/QfG3 Mage To Paladin

#1 Post by Ghilz » Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:55 am

Played the second game, and decided to import my mage to the third game. Since I qualified as a Paladin, I figured why not make the jump.

Which would be all fine and dandy except... It seems that for the Leopardman prisoner to appear you need to be challenged at the spear throwing contest by Uhura. Except that being a former mage, I do not have the throwing skill (dumb I know, but hey, hindsight is 20/20). Any way to force the prisonner to appear (or gain a throwing skill) or am I doomed to restart the game and buy throwing at chargen?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

Re: QfG2/QfG3 Mage To Paladin

#2 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:07 pm

The Warrior is the only character that is supposed to be able to import as a Paladin but Wages is a bit wonky with it's import. I feel like there were more solutions to the leopardman puzzle but I can't think of them, off the top of my head. I know that traditionally you can go about the trials as if you were any other class though. Try the other solutions but if it's class specific then you'll have to either pick up throwing or Hex Edit it into your game.