Two Questions

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Scorpinac
Peasant Status

Two Questions

#1 Post by Scorpinac » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:05 pm

I have two small questions. Firstly, when importing a Fighter type character who's been given the magic skill into original QFG2, the Zap spell miraculously was added to his repertoire, which in QFG1 only the Magic User type can get it. Does this still happen in the remake/upgrade of 2? Or will I just have to wait until I import to QFG3(at which point I will "knuckle under" and switch to the Wizard type anyway) to get it?

Second, I notice there was a Hints section complete with a point list for the remakes/upgrades for KQI(and it's clear they intend to post another for KQII), but I cannot seem to find one for QFGII - does one exist, or should I supplement with a point list for original QFGII? I'm guessing the points available aren't really all that different, anyway, but I would like this bit of confusion cleared up, if possible. Thanks in advance either way. 8))

Erpy
Forum Administrator

Re: Two Questions

#2 Post by Erpy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:16 pm

Yes, QFG2VGA works the same, so having the magic skill nets you Zap.

Also, the QFG2VGA FAQ on GameFaqs has a point list that covers all 3 classes, though the old point list from the EGA version should be the same...we kept the score system the same as the EGA version.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#3 Post by Brainiac » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:33 pm

Erpy wrote:...we kept the score system the same as the EGA version.
Save one change for a Thief that was later found to be superfluous.

Scorpinac
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Scorpinac » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:10 am

Thank you! >D