Importing problems

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Arcane
Peasant Status

Importing problems

#1 Post by Arcane » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:39 pm

Hi i would like to ask you if somebody know how to solve my problem. i started playing QFG1 as a thief, then imported him to QFG2VGA as a fighter who became a paladin. So far I could make a thief sign even when i was fighter. But now, when i import my paladin to QFG3, I stay a paladin, but now i don't know thief sign, nor do i have lock picking supplies. So how can i stay as my hybrid paladin with all my stats but to know thief sign that i learned in qfg1?

I tried to Import my Thief to QFG3 directly from QFG1 and when i select my save, it tells me that my hero was successfuly imported as fighter...how is this possible to be imported as fighter since i was thief? I know i can change it, but i dont get it, why it don't want to keep my tools and thief sign since i knew them in 1.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Re: Importing problems

#2 Post by Brainiac » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:40 pm

1. The specialities of certain classes are incredibly isolated in QfG3. In other words, your equipment will reflect your basic class only (so no more lockpicks - not that you'll need them) and non-Thieves with both Thief skills often can't use the Thief Sign in that game. I'd jump to QfG4 or QfG5 and see if you're still unable to use the sign (you should be able to).

2. Multiclass is notoriously difficult to import correctly. Case in point, any character that completes WIT tends to import as a Wizard (unless there's a later override like becoming a Paladin). That's why Sierra instituted the ability to change it at the start; the game often got it wrong during QC. You may have accidentally clicked "Fighter" after the import file was loaded, thus converting your character. Always make sure you click the class you want to have in QfG3 (QfG4 has an option to go with what the game detects your class as).

Scorpinac
Peasant Status

Re: Importing problems

#3 Post by Scorpinac » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:18 am

Okay, this is more of an exporting problem, but it does affect importing - When I export from QFG3 everything is fine, but when I import that file to QFG4, my Open Spell skill goes wonky, reading out at 29864. And I did a test with with my QFG2VGA export and it came out just fine, so the problem is clearly in the QFG3 Export process. Can someone point me to a patch that will fix that problem, or am I doomed to have to use my QFG2VGA character for importing into 4?! Please, help me, you're my only hope!(Aside of Google, that is..) :o :cry :( 8o