QFG 2 Battle System!

This forum is for discussion about the Quest for Glory II remake. Hints, tips, opinions, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

000lynx
Peasant Status

QFG 2 Battle System!

#1 Post by 000lynx » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:20 am

Hi guys
playing the remakle of QFGII

Whats with the new batttle system? Looks complex, but im playing as a thief and i just cannot win a battle, INfact i gave up and stopped playing it as it was frustrating. Could you give me some pointers? What does the auto battle thing do? Doesnt seem to make a difference?
Any assistance wud be gr8

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: QFG 2 Battle System!

#2 Post by DrJones » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:30 am

That's something I wish it were explained better in the manual/game.

The responsiveness of the battle controls rise with your battle stat. When you start the game, specially as a thief, you are a really bad fighter. Wait until you have trained with Uhura before solving problems the violent way. :p

Another thing is that hiding is very exhausting in this game compared with Quest for Glory I, at least at the start. I guess it becomes better as the game progresses, but don't get surprised if you become tired after two minutes of walking like a spoon.

Have fun with the game, it becomes a whole lot better really soon! :D

000lynx
Peasant Status

#3 Post by 000lynx » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:59 am

Cheers for that!

Stupid me i thought as my weapon use was a whole 70 skill points i should be doing better. thinking it was out of 100.

But now as i think about it, QFGIII max is around 300 isnt it? Wahts the maximum in this game?

No wonder im doing so poorly :)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:37 am

Max you can get by training is 200. Near the end you can bump two stats up to a max of 250. In order to sidestep attacks reliably, a dodge skill of 120...140 is required. In order to hit stuff reliably, a weapon use of 110...130 is what you want. The thief starts out utterly weak, but can become better with practice.

- Train your weapon use and dodge with Uhura. Your attack power will grow a lot when you obtain the ability to chain attacks together.
- Train your agility and try to complete the ropewalking challenge at least once. It has benefits for the thief in addition to the money.
- Get a good amount of daggers, so you can take advantage of the thief's ability to rapidly toss daggers in battle.
- Train your stealth ability by sneaking. (especially while you're breaking in) The best way for a thief to engage monsters is by attacking them before they even spotted you.
- Train your throwing skill.